Sport Bikes banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Banned
912 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
5.56 to the foot, poor guy took one in the foot the arm and the head. Guess you could say he had a bad day! Or you could say it was a good day seeing he lived! I had to take a pic!

Attachments

·
Banned
912 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
just to prove that it was me their!

Look at the Tat's on the guy with the cut down M-4 with the double stack mag and the light.

Attachments

·
Registered
380 Posts
Ouch. That's gonna leave a mark.

·
Official Forum Killjoy
3,642 Posts
jk750 said:
Makes you kinda miss the 'Ol M-14 .30cal, doesn't it... :hshot
The M14 was 7.62.
The M1 Garand was a .30 caliber.

·
Registered
13,267 Posts
^^ actually there are two, M-1 was either a .30 or .308 cal and the Garand was a big ass .30'6 type cartridge.... I have one in my Grandmas Attic in Detroit. I'd love to get it over here. My Dad gave it to me. He used it in the Korean war. I shot it once when I was about 14 knocked me on my ass never shot it again :(

From the Springfield site, M1 Garand Rifle

Built using the original USGI specs and blueprints, the ultra accurate and reliable M1 Garand stands alone as a classic American combat rifle. From the Battle of the Bulge to Okinawa, it was "the GI's best friend." This collectible M1 Garand from Springfield features all-new receiver, barrel and stock, with all the remaining parts U.S.G.I. Mil-spec. M1 Garand models are available chambered in .30-06 or .308 Win. and feature beautiful American walnut stocks. Every M1 Garand is fully warranted for a lifetime of service.

M19102 Service Model with Walnut Stock (Image)
M19106 Service Model with Walnut Stock (Image)

Caliber
M19102 .308
M19106 .30-06

Barrel
24", 1 Turn In 10 inches, Right Hand, 6 Groove

Weight
9.5 lbs.

Length
43.6"

Mechanism
Gas Operated, Semi-Automatic

Sights Front
Military Square Post

Standard M1A Rifle

The cornerstone of the M1A family, this rifle is all business. Choose between 2 stock designs, black fiberglass with rubber buttplate or American walnut with original military buttplate.

MA9106 Black fiberglass stock (Image)
MA9104 Mossy Oak Stock (Image)
MA9102 Walnut Stock (Image)
MA9101 Collector GI NW Stock

Caliber
7.62mm NATO (.308 Win.)

Barrel
22", Twist: 1 turn in 12 inches, right hand, four-groove Std Carbon Steel Barrel

Size Weight
9.2 pounds, Length: 44 1/3" long

Mechanism
Rotating bolt, gas operated, air cooled, semi-automatic magazine fed

Sights Front
Military square post

Rear
Military aperture with MOA adjustments for both windage and elevation. 26 3/4" sight radius

Capacity
10 round box magazine*

Tr***** Pull
5 to 6 lbs., two-stage military tr*****

MSRP:
MA9106 $1498.00 Order Online CA Legal

MA9104 $1507.00 Order Online CA Legal

MA9102 $1586.00 Order Online CA Legal

MA9101 $1486.00 Order Online CA Legal

* Rifles shown with optional pre-ban 20 round magazine, available from Springfield Armory.

·
Premium Member
20,922 Posts
Ducman851 said:
The M14 was 7.62.
The M1 Garand was a .30 caliber.
.30 IS 7.62mm... .3inch = 7.62 milimeter!

7.62mm NATO is also known as the Winchester .308 caliber.
30-06 is also .30 caliber, or 7.62mm, but with a longer case. Introduced into service in 19......'06.
Used in WWII M1-Garand. Same rifle used in Korea but retrofitted to shoot the shorter 7.62mm NATO round.

M14 (M1A) was the final evolution of this rifle design. These are true Battle Rifles!

Then came the AR-15 (M-16) and the current .223, or 5.56mm NATO round.

If I missed anything else, point it out to me.

·
Swollen Member
745 Posts
IF I recall correctly, the M-1 Carbine was produced in numbers for WWII trench warfare. It was decided that the 30-06 was too much cartridge for the trenches, so they developed a straight-wall .30 cal cartridge called the (?) .30 carbine (?). Ballistics of 200 grain / 2000 fps, much less bang for the close spaces.

D

·
Banned
912 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ok I think we all got off the topic...... The dude got tagged like five times.

·
Registered
13,267 Posts
marsolais said:

Ya but not by a fekkin 30'6....... M-1 Garand's were the ww2 sniper equilavant of the barret .50 a 30'6 round just passimg by ya it like ta rip ye a new poo hole..... not to mention scarring the holy shit out of ya from the noise they make :D not like them lil .22 (.223) pellet "humane" rifles they use today :D :gheyfight :gheyfight thats the liberals shovin there shit down our throats again..... .223 <cough cough> might as well arm em with wrist rockets and a pocket full of marbles.....
Just like in racing, the old saying is true,"There's no substitute for cubic inches" or INCHES like the 18" deck guns on the Missouri, Americans used to think big. Now we think 2F2F...... ewwwww. I want me ZL-1's LS-6 LS-7's fak that liter bs..... gimme a big azz motor or gun any day.

A good friend of mine has a chinese mock up of the AK 47 in .308 geeezus just the racket that thing makes terrifies me to think what it'd be like to on the business end of one of them in lebanon or whereever the 12 year old gangs are armed with them running lose on the streets..... :eek:

·
Registered
13,267 Posts
Unbridled Rage said:
IF I recall correctly, the M-1 Carbine was produced in numbers for WWII trench warfare. It was decided that the 30-06 was too much cartridge for the trenches, so they developed a straight-wall .30 cal cartridge called the (?) .30 carbine (?). Ballistics of 200 grain / 2000 fps, much less bang for the close spaces.

D

100% correct. :)

·
Registered
5,240 Posts
poor guy.. :( mean man or not, I feel bad for him.

·
Premium Member
20,922 Posts
marsolais said:
Isn't this the topic? He got tagged five times. Why is he standing???

Nice pics btw! Good job! :dblthumb

1 - 16 of 16 Posts