Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://forums.sportbikes.net/forums/showthread.php?t=280837

That was the first one this summer.

2 Weeks after that, I was drafting a Semi. . . aparently cop didnt like that, followed us into a gas station (one novice w/no helmet, one bike with expired/ficticious tags, and one idiot drafting semi) and ass chewed all 3 of us. (No tickets :banana )

Earlier this week, me and a buddy cruisin about 80 in a 55, State guy U turns and comes on us HARD. Pulls us both over. Somehow my buddy knows the Officer who pulled us over (old friend of his). Told us "My radar was broken, so I wasnt going to write a ticket anyways, just chew you guys out" (No Ticket :banana )

Yesterday in my Grand Cherokee, cop pulls me over for my expired registration (my own dumb fault) Tells me he's coming by my house today to make sure I got it renewed. (No Ticket :banana )

Last Night, cop running laser on the side of the road, me and a buddy were split btwn far inside and far outside lanes. We were crusin 80 in a 65. As soon as I came up on him, I saw the brake lights go dark and watched him pull out in my mirror. Got ready to run (but that's a whole other thread in itself). He jumps over 3 lanes and nabs my buddy for 85 in a 65. . . Oh, and the cop COMLETELY LET HIM OFF for No registration and No Endorsement and No Helmet. me? (No ticket :banana )

Say what you want about LEO's, but I love them all. If you just pull over and be polite, they have either let me off completely, or let me off with VERY minor consequence.

Go LEO's!!

·
what R you lookin' at?
5,313 Posts
sounds like your luck will run out.

·
You got that right.
10,228 Posts
1quick1 said:
Yea consider yourself lucky. I would be slowing down after getting pulled over that many times.
+1.

He jumps over 3 lanes and nabs my buddy for 85 in a 65. . . Oh, and the cop COMLETELY LET HIM OFF for No registration and No Endorsement and No Helmet.
No helmet at those speeds? Excellent chance of becoming a vegtable or going six feet under w/o a lid going 85. :rolleyes

·
Registered
200 Posts
You sound like one hell of an idiot, people drop their jaw when I tell them I've ridden geared liter bikes but you want to know something, I've never been pulled over before in 2 years of riding. People like you give us all bad names.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Meh2u said:
You sound like one hell of an idiot, people drop their jaw when I tell them I've ridden geared liter bikes but you want to know something, I've never been pulled over before in 2 years of riding. People like you give us all bad names.

For What? You find one person on here who hasn't driven over the speed limit before. I hadnt been pulled over for 2 years before this. Seriously. If you usually drive under 65 and have never taken your bike over 100, good for you. You shouldnt be on geared liter bikes, you should be on a Ninja 250

·
Registered
912 Posts
Meh2u said:
Talk about the pot calling the kettle black... If your definition of being an 'idiot' is speeding on a sport bike then you're calling 99.9% of the subscribers to this site idiots because we all either do it on a regular basis (every time we ride) or occasionally just for the thrill. If we didn't have a need for speed we wouldn't own sport bikes, and if you own a sport bike and don't ride it fast then... Well I guess that makes you a poser in my opinion.

Just because he's had a run of bad luck with the police (although it sounds like really good luck to me...) doesn't mean he's an idiot.

·
Registered
252 Posts
H2Omax1 said:
http://forums.sportbikes.net/forums/showthread.php?t=280837

That was the first one this summer.

2 Weeks after that, I was drafting a Semi. . . aparently cop didnt like that, followed us into a gas station (one novice w/no helmet, one bike with expired/ficticious tags, and one idiot drafting semi) and ass chewed all 3 of us. (No tickets :banana )

Earlier this week, me and a buddy cruisin about 80 in a 55, State guy U turns and comes on us HARD. Pulls us both over. Somehow my buddy knows the Officer who pulled us over (old friend of his). Told us "My radar was broken, so I wasnt going to write a ticket anyways, just chew you guys out" (No Ticket :banana )

Yesterday in my Grand Cherokee, cop pulls me over for my expired registration (my own dumb fault) Tells me he's coming by my house today to make sure I got it renewed. (No Ticket :banana )

Last Night, cop running laser on the side of the road, me and a buddy were split btwn far inside and far outside lanes. We were crusin 80 in a 65. As soon as I came up on him, I saw the brake lights go dark and watched him pull out in my mirror. Got ready to run (but that's a whole other thread in itself). He jumps over 3 lanes and nabs my buddy for 85 in a 65. . . Oh, and the cop COMLETELY LET HIM OFF for No registration and No Endorsement and No Helmet. me? (No ticket :banana )
http://www.schwarzenegger.it/gallery/sound/Proud.wav

·
Registered
528 Posts
Constantly getting pulled over for well in excess of the speed limit and not taking care of details like your registration is a pattern of irresponsibility and immaturity. Yes, your luck will eventually run out.

·
Registered
200 Posts
TemtnF8 said:
Talk about the pot calling the kettle black... If your definition of being an 'idiot' is speeding on a sport bike then you're calling 99.9% of the subscribers to this site idiots because we all either do it on a regular basis (every time we ride) or occasionally just for the thrill. If we didn't have a need for speed we wouldn't own sport bikes, and if you own a sport bike and don't ride it fast then... Well I guess that makes you a poser in my opinion.

Just because he's had a run of bad luck with the police (although it sounds like really good luck to me...) doesn't mean he's an idiot.
There's a difference between spirited riding and cruising 30mph over the speed limit. There's no call for that whether you're on a bike or in a car. 80 in a 55 is almost twice the speed limit.

I speed all the time, but I chose my time and place, and I'm smart about it.

On the highway, I never ride above the speed limit, not worth the money, the higher insurance, and the points on my license, what's the point? You should go slower and enjoy your ride and extend it instead of trying to get places as quick as possible or am I the only person who owns a sportbike and doesn't have an immature urge to drive faster than everyone on the road.

·
Registered
456 Posts
Meh2u said:
You're the one who sounds like an idiot! You shouldn't come in here spouting shit like you know all, people like you give the human race a bad name.

Sounds to me like you're just a poser, Keep posting so I can confirm it!

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
TemtnF8 said:

+ 1,000,000

:dblthumb

·
Registered
200 Posts
gungho said:
You're the one who sounds like an idiot! You shouldn't come in here spouting shit like you know all, people like you give the human race a bad name.

Sounds to me like you're just a poser, Keep posting so I can confirm it!
Oh yeah I'm the biggest poser I can't wait til the mall opens so I can show up in a wife beater and 500 dollar sunglasses whistling and girls passing by.

·
Registered
456 Posts
Meh2u said:
There's a difference between spirited riding and cruising 30mph over the speed limit. There's no call for that whether you're on a bike or in a car. 80 in a 55 is almost twice the speed limit.

I speed all the time, but I chose my time and place, and I'm smart about it.

On the highway, I never ride above the speed limit, not worth the money, the higher insurance, and the points on my license, what's the point? You should go slower and enjoy your ride and extend it instead of trying to get places as quick as possible or am I the only person who owns a sportbike and doesn't have an immature urge to drive faster than everyone on the road.
So, do you drive 55 when the rest of the traffic is flowing at 80, or is that the only time you speed, when everyone else does? If you bought a sportbike to sightsee you're a sucker, and should have bought a cruiser.

·
Registered
813 Posts
I usually go 5 miles above the flow of traffic.. not the posted speed limit.. I'd rather see what's coming than what's behind me. But I will let the crazy speed demons pass and not try to out run them.. so sometimes that means going 80..

Meh2u: Since you're in Denver, you know how fast people drive on I-76.. On I-70/I-25 I'm hitting 65-70 (if not 20 during rush hour).. on I-76 I'm hitting 80-90. And thats pretty much the flow of traffic..

·
Registered
52 Posts
I know I'm wasting my time since you are so proud of your "accomplishments", but please consider this:

150 mph == 220 feet per second. Suppose a deer or a dog or even a racoon decided to cross your path when you were moving that fast. There would be absolutely nothing you could do to save your life. End of story.

If you want to go that fast, take it to the track.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
rb1 said:
I know I'm wasting my time since you are so proud of your "accomplishments", but please consider this:

150 mph == 220 feet per second. Suppose a deer or a dog or even a racoon decided to cross your path when you were moving that fast. There would be absolutely nothing you could do to save your life. End of story.

If you want to go that fast, take it to the track.
Just for clarification. I'm not bragging about speeding. It is not an accomplishment. Anybody can speed. The point of the post is what I ended with. If you just pull over and be polite, chances are LEO's will see that and most will let you off with little or no consequence.

(DISCLAIMER: I'm not promising this. I'm sure plenty of people in here have run into idiot dick cops, and been ticketed/arested/impounded/violated with a nightstick, but if you're an :asshole about it, chances are they will treat you acordingly)

1 - 20 of 49 Posts