Sport Bikes banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Are you sure you did everything right on the stator? The bike is possibly starving for fuel, possibly starving for air or possibly starving for spark as demand/load increases.
It seems to be starving for fuel. It's a lean bog I'm experiencing. I cant say I'm sure I did everything right on the stator. I normally always read the manual, but for that specific part, I just took it apart off the bike and just installed the new stator cap then refilled the oil after draining it and changing the oil filter

·
Registered
185 Posts
If it was running fine before the stator swap, I'd re-visit that and double check everything. I have seen stumbles due to electrical issues that do a great job of mimicking fuel issues. I could tell stories from my mechanic days. :D

Bottom line, we often do these things to ourselves, so always double check the last thing you did yourself.

·
Registered
6 Posts
The problem was dirty carbs. Since the bike had been sitting there since October, the main jet was partially clogged. When I'd try to give it and open the throttle, there wasnt enough fuel. I'm just about to go crazy though. I took it for a ride and everything was good then randomly my oil light came on and the motor turned off. I thought maybe my oil level was low but it wasnt. I tested my oil pump and its pumping proper pressure so I'm thinking the oil pressure switch is faulty. Might have to just take it to s shop now. Thank you for the help and advice

·
Registered
185 Posts
Glad you sorted the sputtering. Some bikes have low oil level lights, (Yamaha), others have low oil pressure lights. Not sure if that will help provide a clue or not. Luck!

21 - 24 of 24 Posts