Sport Bikes banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i live in idaho and am a member of motoup.com our local group of riders all post and share stuff much the same way we do here. Any way i was posting asking for help in locating a bike and got this response.

How about a '99 R6 with VERY LOW MILES (7200). It already has a new paint job on it. I bought it in '99 new. I decided after 3 years that it had to be transformed into something unique. There were too many blue and white R6's in town. It is now turned into the "Virgin" race replica. The main color is Dodge Viper Red. It no longer has the Kerker carbon pipe. It has the stock pipe, K&N air filter, new chain and sprockets, and good tires.
The bike is collecting dust in the garage and must go! My dad is getting after me to pay him back for the snowmobile he purchased for me.
I'm asking $4500. Let me know if you are interested.

Attachments

·
Registered
416 Posts
That is a beautiful bike. If I had the money and was in the area, I would snatch that up with the quickness!!!

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah im going to take a look at it tonight he told me that im the only one he made the offer too

wish me luck

·
Banned
730 Posts
Not that it NEVER happens, but sportbikes rarely get a respray w/o the fairings having kissed asphalt. Just an all too obvious FYI. Looks real nice, though. Just have it checked by someone in the know.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yeah hes good freinds of my buddy who runs motoup and i think that they would have warned me but that was the first thing to go thru my head repainted huh i wonder if he laid it down? ill see tonight if the clipons look off if theres a scratch on the stator cover or anything else obvios im walking i dont want my new bike to be my new death.

·
______ETA B4U______
1,990 Posts
I'd get him a little lower. I just got my 99 and it had......

Micron full system
Jetted
Undertail
conversion kit
02 wheels polished
tinted screen
seat cowl
flush mounts
bar ends, grips, tank guard
brand new M1's front and back
new routers, brakes, lines

9K miles

$4000

Picture when I got it.....

Attachments

·
Banned
730 Posts
Sounds good. I'm not trying to shit on exciting news, but I know what it feels like to be bike shopping. Once the "fever" sets in, all kinds of reasoning gets pitched to the curb. :banana

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yeah i know what you mean but my father instilled the asshole gene in me so i haggle like martha stuart in jail jonesing for somthing frilly in her cell.
yeah im the guy that people take with them so they dont buy the first thing they sit on. im definately excited about getting a bike but quality is way more important to me than quantity of bikes i own. :beer

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
The thing that concerns me is why the aftermarket pipe isn't on there anymore? Could he have dropped it and messed the pipe up? Then again, he could have just sold it?

·
Registered
424 Posts
Looks nice! As long as it checks out, and you can talk him down to around $4k, it sounds like a great deal! Go for it!

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
so i taked to the guy and he said that the only time that it had been down it fell on him while he was cleaning it so the resulting dammage was a bent clutch lever replaced and bent shifter replaced all work done by factory yamaha reps let you guys know more tonight when i go look at it.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts