Sport Bikes banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was at a party over the weekend with quite a few fellow riders. Most of them had remembered me riding my ZX6 from last season. I was asked if I wanted to go racing later on at the airport, apparently I'm OK to go race with the big boys because I have a liter bike now :banana so me and a couple other guys from the party, SURE! It started out with guys just practicing some wheelies and a couple drags goin on. After about an hour we decided to do some "bracket" style drags. I lost to my buddy Greg on his Busa, air box mod, air shifter, full exhaust, +2 in the rear. 0-1. Then I race Jim on his R1, I'm happy to say I handed him his ass! Well Jim got pissed and said he had a bad launch so I said let's go again! Now I'm 2-1! To make the rest of this long story short, Jim got all pissed and started racing for cash. I raced 2 R1's a GSXR1K, ZX12, ZX7, and a Ducati S4R monster and beat all 6 of em! at $20 a race! $120 in my pocket thank you very much! Unfortunately I lost to 2 different Busa's and a VERY nice ZX10, for a day's record of 7-2. Not bad. I started my day off with $23 and went home with $143. I think I'm going racing next weekend! :dblthumb

·
Registered
809 Posts
nice job... a little technique goes a long way.

they let you race at the airport out there, or do you just have to jet when the cops come?

·
Light it up! Light it up!
1,459 Posts
that's pretty sweet.

if you have an airport that you can ride at, and it is large enough, why don't you guys set up some cones and make a road corse?

·
From back in da' day
2,777 Posts
you are on a TLR?? dont let them go over 1/4 mile...hell im surprised the TL beat anything in that pack...they are slugs on the top side. My buddy had one modded to hell and my carbbed 900RR would walk off and leave him daily. Hell even 6+ in the rear id smoooooke him on the top end. Nice story though...dont run into any real racers :)

·
Registered
966 Posts
1quick1 said:
Wow I wish I had an open airport to ride on. I would have to buy 100 cones and turn it in to a road course.
+1....you must have skill with a road course.....I can teach a monkey to go fast in a straight line.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts