Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
#1 Gear Nazi
4,748 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here goes nothing.......I'm admitting I was wrong. :eek:

I've been back on a street bike for about a month now, and I stated before I don't speed or anything on the street period, well the more I ride the harder it is not too. I think being exclusively on the track the last almost 3 years I kinda lost touch with the reality of street riding. You still aren't gonna catch me doing 100+ mph anywhere on the street, but 60-80mph in these awesome Italian twisties is common. I just forgot what it was like to ride on the street. My tires actually started developing chicken strips :a2 , which is completely unacceptable :angry so I had to do a little spirited mountain riding today to get rid of those, didn't get my knee down, no reason to, but was going at a pretty decent pace.

So, yeah FF has admitted he was wrong, hell has frozen over, it's raining frogs, whatever you wanna say. :twofinger

·
Registered
5,240 Posts
well, cool FF. I had chicken strips on my bike for a while after wadding the 98' 900RR... but once I got a little lean going on, and forgot how much I loved it, I've been riding hell bent ever since..

watch your speed tho. I know its hard not to, but at least try.. :twofinger not................

·
#1 Gear Nazi
4,748 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hahaha, it would take a Congressional Act and/or an act of God for me to start stuntin. Hell freezing over just isn't enough. :flipa

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
I thought you said a while back that you gave up street riding (before you bought the Duc). If that's the case, I forgive you for that too. It's not like anyone can resist those beautiful Italian roads anyway.

·
#1 Gear Nazi
4,748 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The story is I had only had a track bike for the last 3 years. Once I got to Italy I started riding friends' street bikes fairly often, had a couple seriously close-calls with cagers, thought about giving up street riding again, but I decided against it. Now back on the street and the track. Learning a completely new bike (the 996) is complicating things a little bit as well, but it's not too bad so far.

·
Registered
681 Posts
Who the hell cares about you admitting speeding.......send me one decked out 2 stroke w/ lights, ya hoser!:twofinger

·
I am very sensitive.
979 Posts
I would be speeding too if I was over there riding.

We forgive you for speeding. Lucky you getting to ride those roads.

Oh, and I don't think hell has froze over, it is still hot here in FL.

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
Everyone that rides or drives ANYTHING speeds. Even mopeds.

Congrats FF, just as long as you aren't trying to back it in around every corner I think you will be okay. :D

·
Registered
84 Posts
Dude, it's Italy....speed limits there are only a guideline anyway. Don't beleive me throw a cabby a 20 and watch what happens. You can buy your way out of what ever you get into unless you piss off the Carie Beneri(can't spell in Italian).

I've spent a shitload of time there as I'm only 3rd generation Italian on the long side, my great grandmother(Mom's) still lives outside Florence. Here's a tip go up toward(and past) Milan....the Alps have THE BEST twisies if you don't mind a few...ok a lot of bumps, that 996 will make you very happy.

·
#1 Gear Nazi
4,748 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hehe, I LIVE in the Alps, I look out my door and I'm looking at them :D

As far as speed limits being advisory here, that's very true, if I actually did 50km/h like alot of roads are marked I would get my ass ran over. This is especially true for motorcycles, Polizia and Carbinieri let us do whatever we want (they do crack down on stunting on the streets though, lots of guys get ticketed for wheelies).

·
Registered
912 Posts
FF sucks but at least he can admit he was wrong

·
#1 Gear Nazi
4,748 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
robbieace said:
FF sucks but at least he can admit he was wrong
Wow, that was an informative post, as usual the intellectual capactity of your posts astounds me robbie! :nuts

·
#1 Gear Nazi
4,748 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Chaser said:
I only have one question. How can you post so much since you started riding on the street again?
Because I have ALOT going on right now with school and studying for my AFOQT. Also I work nights at a slow shop, we don't do much, just watch movies and BS all night. So I'll hop on the net at work too.

·
Registered
2,164 Posts
its cool that you're willing to admit it when you were wrong.

now, how long till you really give in and do a wheelie?

·
Registered
2,722 Posts
He has to learn how to do them first. On another note, I always hated Aviano AFB, what a shithole. If you are going to get stationed in Europe, Germany is the place to be. Go Stuttgart!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts