Sport Bikes banner

21 - 40 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
GSX1100F, little steps forward.

Since led's are cheap to buy from ebay, i decided to get some on this bike. As soon as i got signal led's, i painted them. And found a housing with lense to use with red (oil pressure) led.

odometer is in it's cup now, needs light and lense still.

This was cheap too, shift light. It's bit b***** than i thought thou, i have to get rid of some parts to find a way to make it fit inside the tachometer.

I admit... there's really not much use for a shift light on a old gsxf, but it was cheap...

·
Registered
2,680 Posts
How do you plan on torqueing your spokes? I helped my brother put a tubeless tire on a wire spoke rim once. We went down to the bicycle store at WalMart and bought a tube for a bicycle tire. IIRC it was a 15" tube. YMMV.
Cut it in half around the circumference, cutting out the valvestem. Then we grunted (main force + tire irons) it over the wheel. It's been decades but I seem to remember something about torquing the spokes every 500 miles. That is once a week or so. Way too much to have to do. :superdude
Do you run Nitrogen? It is claimed to increase tire life by about 40%. The down side of nitrogen is that it doesn't heat up the same as air. I'm running street/track tires (M20 'stones) and I think they need to run hotter then straight street tires. :gunsmoke

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 · (Edited)
Have you ever thought about ordering/assembling a sense of humor? :grump
I already have one, but since it is weird kind of and i don't use emoticons, people might take seriously everything i say. It works better on real life (or then people laugh at me because of some other reasons, which i am not interested to find out about), if it doesn't work on internet, it's not that big deal to me. I'm still not going to use emoticons.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 · (Edited)
How do you plan on torqueing your spokes? I helped my brother put a tubeless tire on a wire spoke rim once. We went down to the bicycle store at WalMart and bought a tube for a bicycle tire. IIRC it was a 15" tube. YMMV.
Cut it in half around the circumference, cutting out the valvestem. Then we grunted (main force + tire irons) it over the wheel. It's been decades but I seem to remember something about torquing the spokes every 500 miles. That is once a week or so. Way too much to have to do. :superdude
Do you run Nitrogen? It is claimed to increase tire life by about 40%. The down side of nitrogen is that it doesn't heat up the same as air. I'm running street/track tires (M20 'stones) and I think they need to run hotter then straight street tires. :gunsmoke
People who have done that on their spoke wheels (i found the "how to" thread from finnish chopper forum) have torqued their spokes with no problems, if i feel uncertain about it, that black stuff is easy to remove (i tried it with rear rim, ran out of that black sealant on first try and had to remove it before making it again), i either make that all again or just give it up and put tube tyres on.

That bicycle tube sounds like good idea thou. Thanks.

I don't run Nitrogen on my tires, and i even don't know where to get it over here. First gen 9R eats rear tires fast, i'm not sure if swingarm swap and a öhlins can cure it thou. I have no idea how those suzukis will wear tires, i've been too busy on past summers with work and had no time to ride bikes, so tire life isn't really big problem to me.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
This is what i'll use of the shift light. Rest of it might be fitted on the tail of old moped, not sure about it thou.

I have some red led's, i might replace the big one on shift light with smaller one, i was too busy to dream about tits at the time led's and stuff was teached at school, so i'm not sure if it is possible to replace those 5mm led's with smaller ones, i think it should work, but... Need to try it.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
Old bicycle seat, needs some fixing. I drowned it in citric acid, after about an hour and a half there was some of rust gone.

·
Registered
763 Posts
What wheels are on that zx9?

All your projects look awesome by the way!

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
GSX1100F, rear wheel of 9R doesn't fit straight in, not possible to get it centered in swingarm...

...Should be fine now thou:

After i receive these i can get it back on wheels again:

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
GSX1100F, rear wheel done. There's hope to get this one done before summer.

I also finally sent the frame of cr500 to be painted.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
Shit. Summer came and i've been busy at work.

Stared at gsx-f today and decided to put stock front fairing on it for this summer.

At least i have some kind of bicycle for summer:

Attachments

·
Registered
9,277 Posts
I love this topic.

Reactions: Northern_lights
21 - 40 of 65 Posts