Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
...and got nothing done.

Instead of posting pics of unfinished bikes on "post some pics of your bike" thread, i decided to start my own thread.

Since i haven't really done anything to bikes on this week, i'll start with how they were and at what point they are now...

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
-94 9R:

1st version:

Didn't like the way it came out, so decided to do it all again:

I thought to make fairings by myself, but since work takes too much time, i had to give up and buy them. And at some point i started to like the looks of zxr750 from about -89.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
-77 GS750, friends boss was selling this one, and since 9R was not in condition to ride, i thought to buy this one to be the one to ride...

I almost had it done, was missing few parts:

But then shit hits the fan and i just had to change this and this and this...

·
Registered
9,277 Posts
I like how you're workin on it in the house.
:D

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)

There has been just too many idea's with this bike, one part hasn't matched the looks of this part, etc, etc. Not sure how it will end up, but i'm pretty sure it will take years to make this...

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
On this year a co-workers dad was selling his gsx 1100 f (katana?) and because 9R and GS750 weren't in condition to ride, and since it was cheap and ready to ride, i bought it.

And i did ride, once.

Then came winter and "good" ideas... I didn't like how it looked like, and since i had some parts left over from other bikes, i decided to make few changes...

This one i will ride on next summer, no matter how it looks like when summer is here.

At this moment it seems to be bit quiet with work for a while, so i hope i will really have time to at least stare at my bikes.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I like how you're workin on it in the house.
:D
Well... More like staring at it in the house... I took it inside to make sure i really start to make fairings on it, but i lost interest as soon as i realized how damn messy it is. As soon as i get the gsxf done, i'll take 9R out of my house.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I do read project topics at customfighters, but i've just never bothered to register in it. It is a good forum, but since i have project topic on zx9r.net, and i write on three finnish forums as well, i have no need to write on other forums.

And since i am not good on telling why or how i've done this or that to my bikes, i won't be writing much here. Just thought to start own topic for my picture whoring.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Passenger's foot pegs had received some hits on GSXF, i used 9R's pegs to solve the problem, had to cut a bit from right side thou, since there won't be anything hanging from it.

before:

After:

Old ones versus "new" ones:

Front rear sets are not the prettiest ones, but since i don't have anything to replace them with, i'll leave them on. And i really should concentrate on other parts, if i'm going to get this done before summer...

I used all of my imagination and decided to paint fairings flat black and leave rims and frame the way they are now.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
GS750, had to try this, people here have done this to their harleys and i thought to do it on suzuki. Tubeless tire on spoke wheel:

Did this about 1,5 years ago and front and rear wheels are still ok, haven't had to put more air at all.

...althou... I haven't ridden this bike after that modification. 1,5 years... fuck, this bike was supposed to be done years ago. Depressive.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
GS750, clutch conversion, just because of looks. Parts are from zx-9R. I have no idea if this works, a lot of wasted time if it doesn't:

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Been lazy with bikes and haven't done anything with bikes, just staring and planning how to do and with what to do. I'm on a picture whoring mood thou, so...

Pictures of installing new dashboard (if that's what it's called in english) on GS750, i did make a new gear indicator, but then i decided to use the stock one:

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
GSX 1100 F.

Started to play with fiberglass:

Stock dashboard doesn't fit in -88 gsxr fairings. And i'll use 9R's speedometer, so i'll make dashboard of whatever useless stuff i have around.

Decided to use bright white LEDs, didn't like the looks of stock warm white light bulbs.

1 - 20 of 65 Posts