Sport Bikes banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
#1 Gear Nazi
4,748 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm picking up a yellow 2001 Ducati 996 (US specs, so I can bring it home with me) from a very good friend for a pretty decent deal. I'm not gonna have full ownership of it until probably November (still decent riding season here in Italy) because I'm paying it to him in installments. I've finally decided to get back into riding on the street (been exclusively track days for the last 2 years almost). It's a great bike and he has taken VERY good care of it. It's got the full Arrow exhaust system with Arrow chip as well as alot of other little goodies! :leghump

I can't wait to get it home, he's letting me ride it a little here and there when he's home (he's always gone, Blackhawk Pilot) and I must say I love it! That exhaust note is like a wet dream! I love the dry clutch rattle too, some people don't like it, I think it's just how a Ducati says "hello"

Jason

·
Registered
237 Posts
nice choice, of course I am biased, but it is a great bike. don't worry about the reliability issues that everyone thinks of when it comes to ducati's. I haven't had them.
if you ever want to know of some upgrades that I think are worth it, just ask. I think my favorite upgrade that I have done is a slipper clutch. anyway, congratulations.

·
Registered
5,240 Posts
sweet firefirghter! Lucky you, make sure that you post some pics when you get her.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Firefighter, you are just trying to make me hate you :D ....first the pics of the beautiful bike and breathtaking scenery....now THIS??? :twofinger Congratulations man. :)

·
what R you lookin' at?
5,313 Posts
start small..............fugger, nice bike!

i prefet the 996/998 over the 999 series

·
Registered
522 Posts
i hate you :flipa :D

·
#1 Gear Nazi
4,748 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Rick (the guy I'm buying the bike from) is training up in Germany right now and won't be back for a couple weeks. Once he gets back I'm gonna take a bunch of pics of the bike and post them.

A slipper clutch is something I've always been interested in, but never went to the extent of buying one, maybe with this bike I will. Like I said, I'll get pics up as soon as I can!

·
#1 Gear Nazi
4,748 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
RACER X said:

LOL, could I expect a response any different from you Racer X? :twofinger

·
Registered
912 Posts
wanna trade bikes

·
Registered
926 Posts
RACER X said:

lol, i said that to him last night.

I love the dry clutch rattle too, some people don't like it, I think it's just how a Ducati says "hello"

me too...mmmmmm :lol :leghump

·
Registered
681 Posts
I'll ask what you payed for it.....but I bet you didn't get the 'DEAL' I did on my Mille.:twofinger

·
#1 Gear Nazi
4,748 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well, like I said, it was a "decent" deal, nothing outstanding. He was asking $11,700, but as soon as I told him I wanted it he said I could have it for $10k.

·
Super Moderator
4,658 Posts
Congrats on the bike. Looking forward to seeing the pics!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts