Sport Bikes banner

I ride most squidly when...

1K views 26 replies 20 participants last post by  cultureslayer 
#1 ·
I've noticed lately that I tend to ride kinda squid-like after... uh.. being with a lady. Ya know? It's kinda odd. Two weekends ago I met up with someone, not too far from home, and went straight back to my place after I left her. The next morning, I was riding like Tony Montana with the DEA on his ass. :lao

Tonight, same thing.. and on the way home I rode in a similar crazy way. This time I caught it and forced myself to slow the hell down. What's really funny is that I seem to ride better, just much faster and in a riskier fashion. I lean over much farther, kick through the gears - up and down - smoother than ever. Like I'm in the zone - you know, The Zone - while in this semi-euphoric state, now that I don't have baby batter on the brain (for the moment).

Ah.. just an observation. An odd one, at that, I know. What gets you guys riding much harder than normal?

(Quick disclaimer: Though I can be squidly at times - we all can - I've managed to stay alive and fully uninjured in almost three years of daily commuting, and I think that says a lot about my usual riding style.)

#5 ·
After watching any kind of racing. But I always remember that I am NOT Rossi, no matter how much I watch him.

#6 ·
Generally when a kickass song ques up on my mp3 player. I tend to speed and or ride a bit more aggressive. Its kinda subconscious but I catch myself every once in awhile in the process. I do it in my truck as well, I guess its a bad thing but no problems yet.

#11 ·
I think fotocycle is describing "testosterone". Or his bike is handling better after he's shed himself of the weight of his semen buildup. :lao

#13 ·
User Name said:
Alright, enough already, quit bragging, some of us aren't so fortunate... :D
PWGUNNY said:
I think fotocycle is describing "testosterone". Or his bike is handling better after he's shed himself of the weight of his semen buildup. :lao
LOL It was kinda dry for a little while, it's only fair that things improved for me :banana I dumped the girl from last week, though... so I was seeking, uh, consolation :twofinger And yes, I guess it is kinda like testosterone. Hadn't thought of it like that.

Jiggly said:
after doing yager shots......

Just kidding bro!

Foto- so I am testing out an S2 with a 300mm tameron Ill have to show ya the pics!
Awesome, man. I have a 17-35 from Tamron, I frickin' love it. Check out my photo site for new pics and a totally new design. I'm looking into studio lights now, so soon I'll be unstoppable muahahahahahahaha.

#16 ·
A pleasant mp3 or company in the form of the opposite sex will put me in the "zone" when I drive my car, but the CBR still keeps me in check, I ride like a 70 year old man with a hip problem most of the time, and for the most part I ride conservatively. I do whore the bike for attention in parking lots at the promenade though, realistically, who doesn't.

#18 ·
SMFCPACFP said:
cops are on my tail, or

when I feel like bivalular mollusk. :rolleyes
How many people just did what i did....

Noun 1. bivalvebivalve - marine or freshwater mollusks having a soft body with platelike gills enclosed within two shells hinged together
lamellibranch, pelecypod
mollusc, mollusk, shellfish - invertebrate having a soft unsegmented body usually enclosed in a shell
Bivalvia, class Bivalvia, class Lamellibranchia, class Pelecypoda, Lamellibranchia - oysters; clams; scallops; mussels
clam - burrowing marine mollusk living on sand or mud
cockle - common edible European bivalve mollusk having a rounded shell with radiating ribs
oyster - marine mollusks having a rough irregular shell; found on the sea bed mostly in coastal waters
ark shell - marine bivalve mollusk having a heavy toothed shell with a deep boat-like inner surface
blood clam - red-blooded clam
mussel - marine or freshwater bivalve mollusk that lives attached to rocks etc.
escallop, scollop, scallop - edible marine bivalve having a fluted fan-shaped shell that swim by expelling water from the shell in a series of snapping motions
piddock - marine bivalve that bores into rock or clay or wood by means of saw-like shells
Adj. 1. bivalve - used of mollusks having two shells (as clams etc.)
bivalved
zoological science, zoology - the branch of biology that studies animals
univalve - used of mollusks, especially gastropods, as snails etc.

#19 ·
ZxHunteR said:
My "im late to work" ride is pretty squidly. Constant lane splitting, passing cars, and speeding when possible without being suicidal.

I simply CANNOT go 30 mph just because everyone else is. I feel like I could get off and run at that speed.
I know what you mean. I'm a really hyper person and I just simply run out of patience sometimes. However, if they're all going the speed limit, you really can't blame anyone... it's when everyone else is doing 10-15 over, and 1 guy is doing exactly 60, that I just knock down one gear and GO. Then I slow down again once I'm away from the "sucker squad" (my name for the pockets of traffic containing too many dumbasses who can't drive).

#20 ·
I would've, but had a pretty good idea of what he meant.

I think I watched way too many "Animal Kingdom" shows as a kid :popcorn

RugbyCanada said:
How many people just did what i did....

Noun 1. bivalvebivalve - marine or freshwater mollusks having a soft body with platelike gills enclosed within two shells hinged together
lamellibranch, pelecypod
mollusc, mollusk, shellfish - invertebrate having a soft unsegmented body usually enclosed in a shell
Bivalvia, class Bivalvia, class Lamellibranchia, class Pelecypoda, Lamellibranchia - oysters; clams; scallops; mussels
clam - burrowing marine mollusk living on sand or mud
cockle - common edible European bivalve mollusk having a rounded shell with radiating ribs
oyster - marine mollusks having a rough irregular shell; found on the sea bed mostly in coastal waters
ark shell - marine bivalve mollusk having a heavy toothed shell with a deep boat-like inner surface
blood clam - red-blooded clam
mussel - marine or freshwater bivalve mollusk that lives attached to rocks etc.
escallop, scollop, scallop - edible marine bivalve having a fluted fan-shaped shell that swim by expelling water from the shell in a series of snapping motions
piddock - marine bivalve that bores into rock or clay or wood by means of saw-like shells
Adj. 1. bivalve - used of mollusks having two shells (as clams etc.)
bivalved
zoological science, zoology - the branch of biology that studies animals
univalve - used of mollusks, especially gastropods, as snails etc.

#21 ·
Yeah, I got kinda squidly today, I was test driving a Monster 620 dark for my neighbor and I was following this grey haired geiser around the left turn in an intersection, light was green, but he was seriously not even registering on the ducati's speedometer. I had to feather the clutch around this thing to keep the fucker from stalling, and once he finally negotiated the corner (2 mins later), he slowly accelerated to what was about 10 mph. Needless to say I was fed up and wheelied by him on the dealer tagged duc :) :squid

He definitely had no right to be on the roads... especially in greenville.

#23 ·
hozhead said:
I'm most squidly when riding with my friend Dane. He's the number one bad influence in my life!

And now your mother can be proud of you...If you don't know a bad influence...How will you recognize a good one??? :beer

#25 ·
cultureslayer said:
When I'm really pissed off with life, I've learned to take the bicycle. Otherwise I take my aggression out on the right grip, and making myself sore from riding the bicycle hard seems to help more anyway.
That's certainly the right way to do it... I wish I could ride my mountain bike around the shitty neighborhood I live in. It's a nasty area, not bicycle-friendly (narrow sidewalks and INSANE traffic; no bike lanes), and too many crackhead pedestrians. I miss my Wally World Mongoose Special...

#26 ·
fotocycle said:
I've noticed lately that I tend to ride kinda squid-like after... uh.. being with a lady. Ya know? It's kinda odd. Two weekends ago I met up with someone, not too far from home, and went straight back to my place after I left her. The next morning, I was riding like Tony Montana with the DEA on his ass. :lao

Tonight, same thing.. and on the way home I rode in a similar crazy way. This time I caught it and forced myself to slow the hell down. What's really funny is that I seem to ride better, just much faster and in a riskier fashion. I lean over much farther, kick through the gears - up and down - smoother than ever. Like I'm in the zone - you know, The Zone - while in this semi-euphoric state, now that I don't have baby batter on the brain (for the moment).

Ah.. just an observation. An odd one, at that, I know. What gets you guys riding much harder than normal?

(Quick disclaimer: Though I can be squidly at times - we all can - I've managed to stay alive and fully uninjured in almost three years of daily commuting, and I think that says a lot about my usual riding style.)

I don't know if you've ever noticed but you usually perform better at anything when you're constantly getting laid.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.