Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all!
Just do it! Better sound, more power, better accelerate, a new bike. Arrow have test it around 5 hk at the tight place. to the price of 20$ you can even find it in shops that sell exhaust systen to Yamaha FZ6 because every slip-on reseller got it. I sayít again JUST DO IT.. I did it the sheep way, for me it was for free.. Br/SWEDEN

Attachments

·
Registered
146 Posts
Hey, can we get it chromed? Are there any adverse effects to the MAP program or fuel system malfunctions? I don't need it running lean in 100+ degree weather. I'm very interested in this but that pipe is butt ugly . (sorry)........

Hawk

·
Registered
341 Posts
that is the arrow cat eliminator?

·
Registered
828 Posts
Thank you for

-- doing your part to increase tailpipe emissions that contribute to acid rain
-- proving you are more interested in sounding obnoxious that being environmentally responsible
-- making it clear you should have bought a Harley

Enjoy the sound of atmospheric poisoning. I hope your next inpsection fails.

·
I like white pants
865 Posts
Kneedragger said:
Thank you for

-- proving you are more interested in sounding obnoxious that being environmentally responsible

To each his own man! sheeeesh

·
VIP Mofo
157 Posts
Kneedragger said:
Thank you for

I don't have one on mine. I'm probably gonna remove them from the Mustang. I don't have inspections! :beer

·
Registered
310 Posts
I was thinking of posting this question in a new thread but here goes.........Has anyone drilled their stock pipe and the cat pipe and not used the power commander? I have the pipe done but was waiting before doing the cat to make sure that it is not going to mess up my engine.

Later,
Murphy

·
Yeah it's fast...
913 Posts
jim schmidt said:
Why would you assume this would make any power? Cats don't rob power in cars anymore and bike designs are way too HP concious to have restrictive cats.
Have you looked inside the Cat on the FZ6 yet? very restrictive design. Between the increased flow and weight reduction, there should be a noticable difference.

·
Registered
310 Posts
I just really want some more sound so the cars will at least hear me even if they may not see me. Plus I'm cheap and like the look of the factory exhaust.

·
Ride Naked
3,324 Posts
madscientist said:
I just really want some more sound so the cars will at least hear me even if they may not see me. Plus I'm cheap and like the look of the factory exhaust.
You aren't going to get the sound you're looking for just by elliminating the cat. My Arrow pipe was around $80. It makes the stock sound better, but it's not a HUGE difference. Wasn't worth the $$$$ IMHO. If you are dead set on doing it, just get the cat out of your stock pipe. Or try to pick up a stock pipe cheap from E-Bay so that you can go back if you want / need to.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Kneedragger said:
Thank you for

For the record, I have yet to see an engine that was smog certified that couldn't pass smog in the State of California with the cat removed and I have tested plenty of them is just such scenarios. This does not hold true for older engines that may not be running up to par. Any car/truck that I have ever done this to has sounded better and offerred better performance in terms relative to fuel efficiency, although they are not necessarily louder; more a differnce in tone as opposed to the big db jump.

Being environmentally responsible is so much more than just emissions and if you don't believe this maybe you should google for Love Canal or some of the super fund sites in Colorado that were created by mining interests.

I do own a Harley as well as the FZ6 and it burns half the fuel at twice the weight in going the same measured distance so exactly what are you refering to in terms relative to buying a Harley?

I mean nothing against you personally kneedragger but those remarks were totally unnecessary and flat wrong.............

Stephen Hawk

·
Squidtastical
349 Posts
All a cat does is convert carbon monoxide into carbon dioxide and bonds nitrogen molecules together to make them less reactive. It will still pass smog test and wont make the bike smoke. Cats are heavy and restrictive. While you wont loose a lot of weight or get much in the way of a power increase, you may like it later on. Cats become more restrictive over time and can after several years bottleneck the exhaust gasses and can actually increase emmissions. Just dont run it in an enclosed area or you will get carbon monoxide poisoning.

·
VIP Mofo
157 Posts
jim schmidt said:
Why would you assume this would make any power? Cats don't rob power in cars anymore and bike designs are way too HP concious to have restrictive cats. It might work, in limited applications, but I doubt there is anything to be gained.

Cats in cars do rob power. Going to an off-road mid-pipe in a Mustang can give anywhere from 7-10rwhp. Similar for an F-body.

·
Registered
828 Posts
Stephen Hawk said:
pass smog in the State of California with the cat removed
So here's a question: if all the smog-certified cars in CA had cats removed, would smog go up or down?
Stephen Hawk said:
Being environmentally responsible is so much more than just emissions
And yet when it comes to vehicles (the topic here) the drive towards zero emssions defines where the technology is relentlessly heading.
Stephen Hawk said:
exactly what are you refering to in terms relative to buying a Harley?
Simply that this brand is known for its signature sound, and that such a brand may be more suitable for buyers so preoccupied with that attribute of their ride that they would gladly increase their CO/VOC/NOx output just to toot sweeter/louder.
I mean nothing against you personally kneedragger but those remarks were totally unnecessary and flat wrong.............
It's easy to notice environmental pollution caused by big nameless corporations, stuff that makes the news buzz, but as you say being environmentally responsible is much more: it is individuals taking collective responsibility to address the problem -- or at least to not do things that make our existing problems worse.

Sorry if you felt offended by my posts Hawk, nothing against you personally either. I just wish people would think before they act. We easily see evil villians "out there" polluting the environment and then rationalize turning a blind eye when a source problem is right under our noses.

·
VIP Mofo
157 Posts
madscientist said:
So if I do remove the cat and do not do the remap will it eventually harm my engine?

Nobody ever answers this question. I gutted mine about 300 miles ago and so far have no ill effects.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts