Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I went to best buy yesterday and looked at prices on IPOD and they still havent gone down. It seems since people are talking about IPOD everywhere its the mainstream. Heck people almost laugh if you dont have a shuffle or Ipod.. WTF..

I honestly can care less what name it is. I want something reliable and not expensive. Would make my commute on the bike a little more fun :)

What other brands are out there besides I POD?

·
Registered
623 Posts
Fred said:
Ok I went to best buy yesterday and looked at prices on IPOD and they still havent gone down. It seems since people are talking about IPOD everywhere its the mainstream. Heck people almost laugh if you dont have a shuffle or Ipod.. WTF..

I honestly can care less what name it is. I want something reliable and not expensive. Would make my commute on the bike a little more fun :)

What other brands are out there besides I POD?
Ipod mini.

·
Premium Member
14,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Lol.. your no help at all :)

·
Registered
623 Posts

·
______ETA B4U______
1,990 Posts
Mini disks are cheap. You can put mp3's on them. I don't see the point of having a gig of music on one thing anyway plus I lose shit like no other. That's why I quit buying palm pilots. :lol

·
Registered
3 Posts
XM2GO . Mine records 8 hrs of XM....or use it live on the bike, in the car or at home. Comes with every config. Worth the $

·
Registered
261 Posts
I've got a Rio Cali Sport 256 mb with a 1 gig SD card in it. It's great and I wear it while riding when I want music. At home I have a Creative Namad Xtra 60 Gig I keep my other crap on, it's really great, just larger than the smaller units.

·
Head Rooster
3,438 Posts
Creative hardware sucks, or atleast their sound cards do. Lack of support being the big thing. I've heard the same for their portable audio.

I've handled an old Dell, it was big but like I said it was old.

Some of the iRiver stuff looks nice but never had the chance to play with one.

·
Crunnnnnnnnnnnnchy
3,067 Posts
I have the 40 GIG creative nomad... its AWESOME and i cant even begine to think of having it filled. oh..and only 250...

·
Registered
424 Posts
I would recommend going solid state, not HDD. The Ipod's and Dell Jukebox's and the like all use small form factor hard drives, which means moving parts that can cause skipping or data loss/damage if given enough of a jolt. If you get a small MP3 player with a 1gig capacity you have plenty of room for music and it'll never skip. Plus you can keep the data on there for up to 10 years with no loss. Solid state memory is the way to go, IMO most forms of mass storage will eventually be on solid state since it's fast, has no moving parts and has a long shelf life.

Anyway, that's just my $0.02. As for which brand, I can't personally recommend one right now. Though I'll be getting one soon. I'm going to start doing research on them in the next day or so. I've got a 64mb Rio 600 right now, but it's way too tiny(only holds 2 cd's with 64kbps bitrates). I'm sure I'll post up when I get a new one.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Just my $.02....

I went with the Sandisk 512 MP3 Player. I love it. It is extremely user friendly and its a flash memory, no hard driver. HUGE PLUS!!! One AAA battery lasts about 3 weeks... I use it in the car about one hour a day.

Only downside, the earbuds it comes with suck! I would suggest buying a more comfortable pair.

Good luck with the search!

Attachments

·
Registered
6 Posts
i love my minidisk player. but i work for Palm One. and all the PDA's that we sell can play MP3s and do everything else. address book, calander, tasks etc....i know this sounds like an ad...which is bad (im at work now) but its true. it just depends on what you need. i have one and i use it for Mp3's and the nice thing is, that you arent just stuck you a certin amount of memory. you put the music on an expansion card and pop it into the handheld so you are only limited to the size of card and the amount of money you want to spend on one and you have everything else. jsut thought i would shoot the idea....

·
Registered
4,927 Posts

Attachments

·
Premium Member
14,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
thats for the tips guys. Yeah i want something really small. The smaller the better. I appreciate the ideas

1 - 20 of 51 Posts