Sport Bikes banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I need your sugestions

Im new in the sportbike scene and i need some ?'s answered. im going to get a new 04 500r and i need some sugestion's on what i shoutd do. I want to put a b***** tire on the back and wanted to know what size is recomended when going b*****. Any sugestions on what i should do please tell.
Thanks
:smilierr

·
Registered
3,811 Posts
It's not generally recommended to go b*****. It slows down steering or can cause funny handling problems from the tire's profile being altered by being squeezed onto a small rim. Also your bike does not have so much power that it warrants a larger contact patch. Usually what the manufacturer sticks on there is a good size.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
tire sizes

Ok thanks for the advice. and does anybody have any sugestions on mods I should do to the bike.

·
Registered
3,811 Posts
I honestly think the best thing you could with your money is spend it on the MSF class, lots of safety gear, and then riding schools. There are lots of schools in CA. You will want to modify your suspension if you like riding out in the canyons or on the track, but if straight line speed is your thing I would just save the money to upgrade to a faster bike after a couple of years on the 500 learning how to ride. Also I would recommend buying used for your first bike, as there is a good chance you will drop it at some point.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i was thinkin of going 140 or 150 in the back. im probably going to go for a 150/60-17 and keep the stock 110/70-17 size :fart

1 - 6 of 6 Posts