Sport Bikes banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, after my little incedent on the f4t, I can now sit flat footed on my bike. What the heck is wrong. It doesn't look like the the subframe is bent. I did notice that where the nuts are on the subframe that it got shifted downward. So, I loosened the nuts and had my brother pull upwards on the subframe and I then tightened the nuts, but when I'm sitting on the bike I can still sort of flat foot it. Any opinions?

·
Registered
288 Posts
:eek:nfloor maybe when u crashed u stretched your spine out another 4 inches nah but seriousely somethin is probly bent, how bad was the "incedent"

·
~ Master Technician ~
2,176 Posts
Have you checked the suspension? Look to see if the dog bones are bent, or the spring around the shock is messed up.

May want to consider having a bike shop look at it just for an estimate

·
King of Oilernation
1,237 Posts
Be safe and let a professional check it out. It the meantime, check the shock mounts and the shock itself. Does the shock have an external resevoir? Does it look like it is bleeding fluid? Other than the swingarm pivots, the shock mounts are the only thing holding the rear of the bike up.

·
Registered
288 Posts
also did u reassemble the dog bones and all that stuff? im not to familiar with the f4is but maybe u got somethin mixed up or backwards

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I might have found the problem. If someone with an f4i or someone who knows what there talking about look at this picture. I think it got bent "straight" when I had my accident. I can't remember if it was supposed to be angled or not?

Thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
944 Posts
It looks like the metals been stressed above that center nut. But I've looked at an f4i suspension before.

·
King of Oilernation
1,237 Posts
Good idea, that shock shouldn't have that low of angle.

·
No limit hypocrite
1,695 Posts
crash11 said:
I might have found the problem. If someone with an f4i or someone who knows what there talking about look at this picture. I think it got bent "straight" when I had my accident. I can't remember if it was supposed to be angled or not?

Thanks
Yes, that was bent "straight".. My F4i linkage is angled in a "v" shape... that definitely needs to be replaced. Since it needs to be replaced, you should get an aftermarket lowering link installed instead, it will lower the bike properly for you, and it will cost less than the stock linkage.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Punkwood2k said:
Yes, that was bent "straight".. My F4i linkage is angled in a "v" shape... that definitely needs to be replaced. Since it needs to be replaced, you should get an aftermarket lowering link installed instead, it will lower the bike properly for you, and it will cost less than the stock linkage.
Since I'm on the balls of my foot, it's not that high for me.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts