Sport Bikes banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Owned by marriage
1,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im going to school and I need to have books everyday (<-- for those who think college is a just for drinking. lol) but I dont what to have to buy the books because they got wet on the ride to/from school. I live in Florida. Anyone who lives here knows, it can start raining without any warning. I found one that i really like, but I would like to know what SBN uses. Thanks

·
WTF guy
878 Posts
Well for hunting and hiking (if I am going to bring anything electronic along) I would use this...

Web site is here

·
Premium Member
7,390 Posts
I use a cheap old Wal Mart backpack. Although I don't think it'll would work well for you because it's not waterproof. I think just find one that's waterproof and you'll be happy with it.

·
Registered
833 Posts
I second the tank bag option. Trust me, riding becomes a royal pain in the wrists and lower back if you're wearing a backpack full of text books. Invest in a nice tank bag that can be easily unclipped from the bike and toted to class. I had a cheapo $40.00 Fox brand bag that worked well enough for me.

One caveat: bags may scratch your tank if you allow some debris, like rocks or a staple, to get between the bag and the shiny paint job on your motorcycle. Shop around.

·
You got that right.
10,228 Posts
BSR423 said:
Whatever pack you get make sure it has the strap that clips around your chest.
I have a North Face one that I love. Not sure how water-proof if it is at all, but it has two clip systems, one for the chest, another for the waist. Weight is centered nicely as opposed to my other backpack that slid around on my back a lot.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Isn't there a tank bag that has shoulder straps like a backpack? So you can take if off your bike and use it as a regular backpack.

I think I saw it online somewhere. Or maybe it was in a dream... actually I have no idea. If nobody makes something like that, they should.

·
Registered
10,767 Posts
I have an oakley backpack that works well, and it repels water enough to keep my books dry but it's only a 20 minute ride to school so I don't know how well it would work over an extended period of time.

·
Registered
424 Posts
I agree with the tank bag suggestion, it's a much better idea. I have a Tour MAster tank bag that I use to carry things to work in. I used to bring my laptop in it everyday and everything, works great. If you do decide to use a backpack, strap it to the rear seat with a cargo net, that's what I did before my tank bad. I couldn't stand having it on my back, besides the weight thing it makes your back sweat like crazy in FL. Go with a tank bag, you'll be happy.

·
Registered
750 Posts
Check out the Icon Urban tankbag. I love mine! Good size, and it can be used as a tank bag and a backpack. People have used it to carry books to school on the tank, and the magnets are very strong so you shouldn't have to worry about it shifting.

·
King of the Hopeless
1,132 Posts
I second the Icon Urban suggestion. I also have the Icon Squad backpack- but since I got the tankbag- I haven't used the backpack. That will only be for extra carrying space for trips.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts