Sport Bikes banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I despertly need new tires ( tire rot is looking bad :bitchslap ) but I'd like to know what experiences you guys have had with different tires? Any suggestions? I've heard good things about the Pirelli Diablos but I'm not sure how many miles I should expect out of them. Also, should I stick with the stock size? Thanks in advance for any help

·
Registered
84 Posts
i just got new tires, but i went with the bridgestone battelax bt45, they are a big improvement over the stock set. A great feature on these tires is that they are dual compound, harder in the middle, soft on the side. Longer lasting tire because of the harder compound in the middle, that's where you spend most of your time riding. I just went with stock sizes. there is another post here with a guy that went to a different size tires, maybe he can tell us how that went.
anyway,

·
Registered
511 Posts
I just threw a set of Pilot Powers on mine, 150/60/17 and a 120/60/17.....

These tires RAWK!!!!! I rode on them for about 200 miles before I wrecked my bike due to target fixation. But for what I rode them I never once felt them slip and I was leaned over pretty hard. Check them out if you can I recommend them wholeheartedly....Oh yeah I'll post up wreck pictures too....

Attachments

·
Registered
598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Damn E-Rawk, sorry about your accident. Target fixation is what caused my accident too. At least it wasn't worse bro!

I hope you can give me some insight about these tires though. I'm kind of hesitant to switch to larger ones although it seems that everyone that puts new tires on their 500 goes with 120s up front and 150s in the rear. Did the bike feel more sluggish with the larger tires? I'm more worried about the tires making it less responsive than losing grip

·
Registered
17 Posts
i have heard many people say that you lose flickability when you put larger tires on, i put on the stock sized pirelli sport demons i am very pleased over stock

·
Registered
511 Posts
I noticed no loss in manueverability at all, the bike was a little rougher riding. But that was to be expected with the lower profile tires. I felt like I was able to roll the bike out of one turn and into another very smoothly with these tires on. I won't be able to get it to the track for a while due to not being able to pick up my new bars for the clipons and moving into my new renthouse this week. But as I ride the bike more I"ll post up.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts