Sport Bikes banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is not bike related but I recently purchased a Panasonic PV-GS120 Mini-DV camcorder and I am at a loss as far as how to get the videos loaded into my pc. I am usually pretty savvy when it comes to this kind of stuff but not this time. Can someone give me some advice on this? :confused:

·
Registered
245 Posts
Your new camare might it come with sort kind of usb cable or some cable (rca) or something. If is a sony usualy you do not have to install drivers on you pc, being a panasonic I believe I brought you a cd as well, you should install the cd first and then plug your camera using usb and wooolaaa, goto my pc and you have the camera so you can download you videos.

Other way if your pc has a video editing card you must have the rca conector on the back (red-white-yellow type of connector) and you should use a video editing software, actualy windows xp comes with something like that for movies or something.

And if all this does not do it, here is a good site of really savy people on any tech field, computers, comunications, anything you imaging so you can ask here and they will help you quickly http://www.tek-tips.com

Hope it helps, and we are really out of subjet, but what that heck and fz6'r needs help .

·
jess wanna ryd
315 Posts
yeah crazy what he said.... you should have gotten some "capture" software on the cd that came with the camera. My sony software captures 10 minute segments. After you capture the segments, also on that cd, there should be video editiong software to put it all together. Hope this helps.

ceek

·
Theres no I in threesome
6,118 Posts
If you have windows xp, you should have windows movie maker on your PC. What you need now is to plug the firewire cable from your camera into your computer and the computer should recognize it. Then, just use windows movie maker to capture the video, its all pretty easy after that.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Confused yet? :)

I looked up your camera and it has the following output interfaces:

S-Video • Composite (Video) • Audio (RCA) • FireWire / DV / i.Link • USB

Question now is what do you have on your computer? (not all PCs will have Firewire by default) You may or may not have any of the others but USB. Any composite or S-video connections would likely be on the video card itself. Firewire would be a separate PCI card or it's on Audigy sound cards.

If you have only USB 1.1 on your PC, then I can't really recommend using that for digital video - it's too slow!

Let's see what you have on your computer, then go from there.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I can help.

No need to load the Panasonic software unless you plan to use the USB to transfer the still pictures over to the PC.

If you are using Windows XP then just plug the firewire cable to the PC and switch the camera to "VCR" mode and voila, movie maker should do the rest.

Do not use USB to transfer the video as this can cause problems etc.

Here is a link to a web site I use all the time which features a Panasonic forum as with other mini dv camcorders.

www.camcorderinfo.com

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
3,206 Posts
I have a strange growth on my penis, can you guys help me with that too?

Hold on while I get some pictures...

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
Binary Jay said:

No need for the pictures, I've got my circular saw right here, just hold that little thing out and we'll fix you right up...

·
Registered
853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Binary Jay said:

:lao Finally!!! Someone else with the same kind of sense of humor as me!!

·
Registered
853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks everyone. I had already installed the software and tried the software with the camera kooked to the usb and no luck. Then I tried Moviemaker but it couldn't find any device. That is when I decided to ask for help. So now it looks like I need to get a firewire card and cable and will be good to go. Thanks a bunch!!

·
Sigh.......
291 Posts
leere said:
Confused yet? :)

I looked up your camera and it has the following output interfaces:

S-Video • Composite (Video) • Audio (RCA) • FireWire / DV / i.Link • USB

Question now is what do you have on your computer? (not all PCs will have Firewire by default) You may or may not have any of the others but USB. Any composite or S-video connections would likely be on the video card itself. Firewire would be a separate PCI card or it's on Audigy sound cards.

If you have only USB 1.1 on your PC, then I can't really recommend using that for digital video - it's too slow!

Let's see what you have on your computer, then go from there.
I bet you wish you had that ATI video card now dont ya! HA!:banana

·
On The Job
1,739 Posts
Man, are us FZ6 guys a bunch of geeks or what? I feel like everytime I go on here its a serious nerdfest. Myself included.

·
Registered
3,206 Posts
I'm at work part of a team developing a windows forms application in Visual Studio .NET 2003 right now in C#!

Actually, I'm goofing off, but that's what I should be doing.

·
On The Job
1,739 Posts
Binary Jay said:
I'm at work part of a team developing a windows forms application in Visual Studio .NET 2003 right now in C#!

Actually, I'm goofing off, but that's what I should be doing.
Thanks for proving my point. :nerd

·
Registered
3,206 Posts
Good Jay always helps, precious.

ejworthen said:
Thanks for proving my point. :nerd

1 - 17 of 17 Posts