Sport Bikes banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I need exhaust..newbie here..please help

I just bought a 03 r6 and want to get a full exhaust and I guess a power comander too. Which sounds and performs the best???

·
Banned
2,680 Posts
Screw all that. Get a good slip-on for the sound( still in the process of finding one i like myself) and then go to the track and practice. At least thats what I'd like to do to increase my performance.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have heard that having the full exhaust sounds a shit load better and gives you more performance.

do yall like muzzy or gyt-r or yoshimura or hindle the best?

·
King of Oilernation
1,237 Posts
I highly recommend Graves Motor Sports. You get the same system they put on thier Yamaha race bikes. They don't make exhausts for different makes either, all they do is Yamaha and consequently you get the best tuned exhaust you can find for an R6. Just don't buy directly from them, you can find better prices from their distributors. Powercommander IIIusb is essential if going with a full exhaust. Both will run you around $1200 or so. Well worth it performance wise. Sound is much better than stock as well.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
revised

isn't gyt-r yamaha's race system. So you would get graves over the gyt-r system??

I take that back. I can't find a carbon fiber can for graves. So, would you say gyt-r is better or worse than arka??

·
The Professor!
389 Posts
i say go with the micron.. all i have is the slip on but the power gain from that was awesome compared to stock and i can only imagine what full system would do!

·
Registered
88 Posts
graves exhausts are actually made by ti-force according to graves specs. i seriously think that the akrapovic exhaust system is the best money could buy. if you look at the current r6's in the yamaha/graves team, majority of them are using the new akrapovic evo II. plus i never did see a graves system on any R6 racing in europe.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Went with a carbon fiber slip-on Akrapovic for my 04' R6 and I have no complaints. I ended up adding a power commander IIIusb even though I just had the slip-on and the difference was unbelievable. Of course the K&N airfilter, dyno, and remap didn't hurt either. :egrin

Attachments

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Psycho-82 said:
i say go with the micron.. all i have is the slip on but the power gain from that was awesome compared to stock and i can only imagine what full system would do!

Microns are not even in my top 10 of exhausts.

If you just add a pipe with no other mods you'll most likely lose power and I highly doubt you'd even notice the difference while street riding either way.

The proof is in Dyno #'s and Lap times. :)

·
Registered
56 Posts
For the R6 the Hindle full system a great pipe for the money. It gives great gains and isn't too loud. I was really happy with mine. I like the titanium or carbon fiber can. Right now I am using a Micron can and it's slightly louder than I like(unwanted attention), but does sound bad ass. You really can't go wrong with any choice you make as long as you like the sound and looks. With a good custom map you will get great gains through the entire range.

To narrow it down decide if you want high mount, race mount or standard mount. How loud you want your pipe and what material (ti, stainless steel, aluminum or carbon fiber).

·
Registered
31 Posts
YammyR1 said:
I highly recommend Graves Motor Sports. You get the same system they put on thier Yamaha race bikes. They don't make exhausts for different makes either, all they do is Yamaha and consequently you get the best tuned exhaust you can find for an R6. Just don't buy directly from them, you can find better prices from their distributors. Powercommander IIIusb is essential if going with a full exhaust. Both will run you around $1200 or so. Well worth it performance wise. Sound is much better than stock as well.
+1

1 - 14 of 14 Posts