Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright everyone... Ive been throwing around an idea for a while now that I truely feel will help the sportbike community as a whole!

Ive now decided to pursue this idea and open a website that will help everyone that just cant make up there mind on which exhaust setup to go with to get the sound that they want.

This is where you guys come in. While the website is not completed yet, Im starting to compile sound clips from exhaust setups (read more below).

Im not sure if Im allowed to advertise the sites name here, so I wont at this time (its not completed anyways) and most of you will be able to figure it out from the email address below anyways.

Alright so heres what I need:

Sound clips of anything and everything exhaust wise. Stock, drilled, cut, gutted, dumped, slip on, or full systems are perfect examples of what I need. If you have a sound clip or can easily make one using a digital camera or computer Mic, please do and then send them to the email address below.

In the email please include:

Year, make, and model of your bike. Details about your exhaust setup, and anything else that may be relavent to the sound your exhaust makes (ie. air filter, etc). Just because you have an older bike, dont think we dont want your clips... send them in.

Alright, the address:

Send all submissions to [email protected].

What do you get?

Unfortunately, nothing other than the fact that you are helping a website that will help many current and future motorcycle riders decisions a lot easier, grow.

Just doing some minor searching around this site and a few others, I already have about 60 clips to get me started. I want to grow into the 100's. Help me out :D.

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
^^^Let me go deaf if I can hear any differences between each pipe on the r6. How the hell do you tell them apart? Then again I'm a noobie so they all sound the same.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Ill work on a soundclip or two of my RC51 and send it to ya.

(arrow high mounts, pcIII)

·
Registered
84 Posts
I'll work on getting you one of my 500R. It's got a full hindle exhaust, jetted carbs, and a k&n air filter.

·
Registered
321 Posts
I would send you a recording of my 86 vf500 with f1 pipes buuuuuuuuuuuut.... I seriously doubt that they still make them, anyone is remotely interrested in an exhaust upgrade on a vf500 (like hanging a chandaleer in a haunted house), and my mom is gone on vacation with her digital camera.

·
Registered
886 Posts
I have some clips of TLR/TLS sounds when I was looking into those bikes. And one badass sounding dyno run - probably a hayabusa since that is what the file was named when I downloaded it (they were using it as an opening sound for their webpage). I'll send them over to you. Sound clips can be a bitch to find.

·
Registered
495 Posts
These cme from Two Brothers Racing's web site. Many different bikes included in the sound clips of thier exhausts. For those interested, I'm very partial to the 748 dyno run, and RC-51 drive by, the Triumph Daytona 955i isn't bad either :) . Here ya go!

http://www.twobros.com/Cust_Service/Sound_Clips/index.htm

You should probably make sure and get permission to post them on your site, but I'm fairly sure they wouldn't mind!

·
Registered
495 Posts
Here a bunch of VTR 1000F SuperHawk clips: http://folk.uio.no/joakimt/vtr/sound_and_video.html

Something else to note here, you might want to specify some standards for poeple while taking sound clips. Maybe like mic placed 3 ft behind or something. It might help make the comparisions a smidge better. Although with so many variables in equipment, accoustics of the test site ect, it might be wasted time.

·
Banned
2,680 Posts

·
Registered
3,759 Posts
Xenohunter said:
^^^Let me go deaf if I can hear any differences between each pipe on the r6. How the hell do you tell them apart? Then again I'm a noobie so they all sound the same.
Once you hear them in person or ride one you can tell. Some have more of a deep sound and some a high obnoxious one like mine :rolleyes D&D

A guy at a local bike night out here has an Arata on his 03' R6 and that thing sounds so nice, deep and just screams when he hits the higher RPMS, where as mine, just makes peoples ears bleed. When I get money, a new pipe is gonna be put on.

·
Registered
209 Posts
I have a 98 zx7r with a full muzzy, and i have two different pipes for it, the round aluminum sounds high and loud, also very raspy, and the oval stainless sounds deeper and mellow, but still screams at high rpms

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
bluezx7r said:
I have a 98 zx7r with a full muzzy, and i have two different pipes for it, the round aluminum sounds high and loud, also very raspy, and the oval stainless sounds deeper and mellow, but still screams at high rpms

Can you provide me with clips of the sounds? I would greatly appreciate it.

[email protected]

·
Registered
750 Posts
I have a clip (video) of my TLR with Yoshi RS-3 Street Slipons. (They make a race version too). Might be too big for your email limit but let me know!

EDIT: Emailed it just now...

1 - 20 of 25 Posts