Sport Bikes banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
got a ticket in lillington,anyone know a good lawyer that could maybe hook me up.i hear the DA in harnet county is a real hard ass.any help would be great.

·
Just puttin' along
562 Posts
Hmm I assume this was no 5-10 miles over ticket?

·
Back in Black
5,538 Posts
Bah, unless it was something like 40 over, a lawyer can get you out of anything. There's a lawyer in sanford named Penny....Ronald Penny I believe. Ex wife got a ticket in harnett about 6 months ago for 20 over, and got out of it. Penny's cost was aroun $250 - 300 I believe.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
hey thanks people, it was 83-55.hope they can get me out of it. :rolleyes

·
My bike won't turn?!!??
216 Posts
bumpyknuckles said:
got a ticket in lillington,anyone know a good lawyer that could maybe hook me up.i hear the DA in harnet county is a real hard ass.any help would be great.

Jason P. Kimble
Attorney at Law
511 N. Ellis Ave.
Dunn, NC 28334

Phone: (910) 230-0077
Fax: (910) 230-0042

E-mail:[email protected]

·
Registered
791 Posts
if you recieved a ticket why ask for a lawyer... when the time comes your mailbox will be flooded with them "offering" their services. Lawyers dont do shit for ppl, i've seen em in action each time i went to court because of my own tickets.

They charge you just as much as court cost and the ticket would cost and then they just get you a 'prayer for judgement'. If they cant get u a prayer they simply will take ur 85 in a 55 and ask judge to make it a 65 in 55. At 85 mph i think its considered wreckless driving. at least it was when i did 90 in a 55 while in my car in Franklin county. Wide open 2 lane road, no homes, zilch... and its wreckless for my car to speed while staying inbetween 2 lines.

·
Back in Black
5,538 Posts
Everyone (including both of my ex wives) I've known to get a lawyer for speeding has got the ticket reduced to "improper equipment" which is no points. No points means no increase in insurance $$. Also, with a lawyer, you personally do not have to show up in court.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i got my speedo calibrated today, so i hope that will help. :)

·
Registered
4,927 Posts
You really don't need a lawyer Bumpy.
Go to court talk to the DA. Tell them you are active service and got the bike to save money due to rampant gas prices. You are a new rider and didn't realize how fast you were going due to your inexperience and lack of throttle control. Tell them you apologize, will never endanger others or yourself like that and will they please reduce it to a reasonable level. You are allowed to bargain with the DA. If he will not go for it, you may ask the judge for a continuance to seek proper counsel.
If all else fails go for the PFJ.
You must get the ticket below 75 MPH for your license sake.

edit*do not tell them you ride a sport bike. If they ask what you ride, just say a Yamaha. Make it seem like you just had a momentary lapse of judgement while "Cruising".

Speeding more than 10 mph over limit of 55 or higher* (2 points)
Speeding in Excess of 75 mph* (4 points)
*Indicates possibility of license being suspended or revoked

6 points = 150% increase in base rate

·
Registered
791 Posts
i've done 2 PFJs. Hell if i know what that did though, still had to pay court cost. When doing 85 i know i wasnt given 4 points. hope it goes well for whoever started this thread

·
Like Bing and Bong
795 Posts
Good luck, I know how shitty it is dealing with tickets.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts