Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Gang. The Gap trip was great. I did it a little different this time.
Sat. noonish thru Mon. noonish I was at “Two Wheels only” in Suches Ga. The roads around there are really great especially “Rte. 180” but its all good.

Their accommodations are mostly camping but they have three bedrooms upstairs, (I had the smallest one that sleeps three) with a large common area that is really quite nice. It looks a lot better from the inside.

Attachments

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
With a large kitchen, eating area, and living room with satellite, VCR (with a good library of tapes). The main drawback is that it is not air conditioned. It did cool down considerably but not until about 10PM or so.

Attachments

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Monday and Tuesday night I spent at “Iron Horse”, another Lodge and campground. It’s just off of 28 below Fontana, about 10 twisty miles from the “Dragon”.

I had one of the cabin rooms which weren’t much different from T.W.O. but the pavilion area was a great place to gather. Everything is brand new and very well done. Not a bunch of hard core grungy “Bikers” as I had expected but almost all couples on cruisers enjoying the mountain scenery.

I was the only one there on a “Rocket”, but I kinda like being different.

Either place I can see as being terrific for a group gathering.

Attachments

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The roomers that “Bridal Vail Falls” collapsed are partially true. A section did come down and they have yet to clear it out. I would imagine that they will do it this winter.

Attachments

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Now for the “BUT”. I got ticketed in a “Speed Trap” on US 19 between Murphy and Andrews. 79 in a 55, ouch. 4 lane divided highway WTF? Anyway 20+ over is a mandatory appearance in court. (PM me Louis, we need to talk) Damn!! Now I have to figure a way to take time off from work on short notice.

This last one is my new desktop!

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
18,633 Posts
Awesome pics...Love the waterfalls :headbang

Our local group is going in September, and I can't wait...

·
Female Butt Lover!!
3,640 Posts
Hey Gixxer, very nice pictures...glad to hear that you had a good time. Sorry to hear about the ticket...

Welcome back!

·
Registered
924 Posts
cool pics geeze

·
Ducatista
1,812 Posts
cool pics and welcome back! We stayed at TWO when andy crashed I love the roads up there I think they are better then the ones in NC and Tenn

·
Registered
4,480 Posts

·
wuka man
849 Posts
One day i too shall go to the gap. nice pics geezer. I thought the name was a joke

·
Registered
924 Posts
lol me also. beaf. thought the name was just a joke

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
great pics gixxer geezer... It looks beautiful out there... ;)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts