Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got home with my new bike at about 11 am this morning and I couldn't wait to ride for the first time.

I took to the bike like it was something I have done for years but really I never touched a motorcycle till today. I rode it for about 25km in my small streets keeping low rpms and low speeds. Learning how to downshift safely and use both brakes.

The hole time I had a smile on ear to ear because when I got home to let the bike cool down my cheeks hurt. I had to work all afternoon and just got home now.

I will wait till the morning to go for ride number 2.

And just wanted to say that I don't think I will ever get bored or my 2004 500R like everyone says. I LOVE IT SOOOOO MUCH.

RIDING RULES! - - ride safe everyone because I know I will!

·
Registered
10,767 Posts
congrats on the new bike, just be careful out there

·
Site Sponsor
1,639 Posts
Ahhhh...memories of my first EX500. Felt like riding a Schwinn with an Evenrude motor on it. So light and nimble with it's 120 rear tire. Just plain fun. More fun than my buddies mom. More fun than my buddies sister. Just plain fun. Ahhh....to have another EX500. Wow.

The 'hopper

·
Registered
5,217 Posts
Grashopr said:
Ahhhh...memories of my first EX500. Felt like riding a Schwinn with an Evenrude motor on it. So light and nimble with it's 120 rear tire. Just plain fun. More fun than my buddies mom. More fun than my buddies sister. Just plain fun. Ahhh....to have another EX500. Wow.

The 'hopper

LOL great post. i remember my first ride on my old ex500. 430am, no registration, no insurance, first time ever on a motorcycle(rode dirtbikes here and there previously). took off for like an hour, hit the highway and was freakin out doing 55mph, lol. now i bring up my wheelies at 55 :)

·
I own license2ill
5,679 Posts
good luck with the bike and congarts

·
Registered
981 Posts
snigg said:
hit the highway and was freakin out doing 55mph, lol.
haha. i remember getting on the freeway the 1st time. i hit about 40-50 and it felt like i was goin around 90. lol.

now 90 feels like 40 :a2

·
Registered
205 Posts
Congrats on the bike, have fun and keep the rubber side down.

·
Suzuki 3000GT
2,107 Posts
What all the other stupids said...

·
Registered
4,927 Posts
Yeah I've had mine a year now and am not bored at all...I do wring it out a lot more nowdays but it's only getting better. Now I'm perfecting my leans.
Good post and congrats. Keep the shiny side up...

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
d0hnj0e said:
Got home with my new bike at about 11 am this morning and I couldn't wait to ride for the first time.

I took to the bike like it was something I have done for years but really I never touched a motorcycle till today. I rode it for about 25km in my small streets keeping low rpms and low speeds. Learning how to downshift safely and use both brakes.

The hole time I had a smile on ear to ear because when I got home to let the bike cool down my cheeks hurt. I had to work all afternoon and just got home now.

I will wait till the morning to go for ride number 2.

And just wanted to say that I don't think I will ever get bored or my 2004 500R like everyone says. I LOVE IT SOOOOO MUCH.

RIDING RULES! - - ride safe everyone because I know I will!
I know the feeling! I have a hard time getting off my bike once I find the time to ride. Just be alert out there and watch out for those cagers.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Heh just got back inside from talking with a buddie who rushed over as soon as he herd I got the bike. BTW its 12:30. We talked for like 1 hour just about the bike its was awsome.

I gotta somehow find a way to sleep so I can be rested for tomorrows ride.

YAY!

And thx for all the nice replys, I will be as safe as I can.

·
Registered
430 Posts
heh, I used to ride my fathers Fat Boy all the time, then I got my '00 ZX-6R, it is amazing how much I want to ride, I just dropped it off at a shop for a checkup, and I want it back so bad I am thinking of just going to the shop and telling them nevermind, just because I want to ride it so badly, there is something about owning your own bike, that makes it much more enjoyable than riding someone elses, not to mention it is more comfy than the Harley.

·
Registered
456 Posts
way to go but youll get tired of your bike if you EVER ride a better bike

1 - 20 of 23 Posts