Sport Bikes banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 78 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,001 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...they have to pay for all of the exotic sports cars in the parking lot.

I drive/ride by Don & Roy's a couple of times a week and for the last couple I have seen the same 4 cars in the parking lot:

BMW E36 M3
BMW E60 M5
BMW Z3
Subaru STi

I know the prices at Don & Roy's have been beat to death in the past, but when I see things like this, it really disgusts me. Hell, I once changed dentists when he (my dentist since I was real young) told me that he and his wife get new BMW's every other year.

To the owners of Don & Roy's...get a clue. There is a reason why we think the way we think of you and why a number of us avoid your establishment like the plague.

[/rant off]

·
Registered
88 Posts
Hey just because I drive all 4 of my cars there at once dosen't mean you can hate on Don & Roy's! :gheyfight

Seriously though, I show my support by just not buying anything there. As you can tell I'm on a strict budget when it comes to my bike ;) (special mirror)

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
Hmm, i wonder if they are hiring.........

·
Registered
348 Posts
Moses said:
Hell, I once changed dentists when he (my dentist since I was real young) told me that he and his wife get new BMW's every other year.
That's life my friend- he spent a boatload of money and time to be a dentist- you could have done the same. I look at it this way- the fewer amount of people that can do your job- the more you should get paid. That's why a surgeon makes a lot of money- do you want a kid with a high school degree operating on you? No. That's why it costs so much.

·
Premium Member
4,001 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Captal said:
That's life my friend- he spent a boatload of money and time to be a dentist- you could have done the same. I look at it this way- the fewer amount of people that can do your job- the more you should get paid. That's why a surgeon makes a lot of money- do you want a kid with a high school degree operating on you? No. That's why it costs so much.
I know I'm bastardizing my own thread right now, but...Rob, I completely agree with you on this. I guess where I was going with this (I didn't give any other background info previously) is that I didn't even like talking to the guy because he always seemed to be "bragging" about, for example, his cars, his houseS, what European country he spent his Christmas in, his 5 kids, etc. And his wife, the receptionist, was the exact same way.

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
sexNstillettos said:
Hmm, i wonder if they are hiring.........
You don't want to work there...they pay for shit...that's part of the equation. High prices plus low costs/labor = maximum profit. I hate the place, but gotta give the owner(s) credit, they're good business people. That's what business is all about, getting ahead, at least from the owner(s) standpoint. Sucks for the customer, but they're one of the only Yamaha dealers in town, they've got the market cornered.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Nice cars, and paying I'm sure an extreeeeeemly large amount of money to be in brookfield, but they must be doing ok if they are still there, and you know people in Brookfield got the bling bling

·
Premium Member
7,390 Posts
Don and Roy's, that place is a joke. I made the mistake of trying to do business with them once. I guarantee that I won't make that mistake again.

·
Registered
177 Posts
I did business with them for wholesale parts, they are a freakin JOKE they charged me I decent price for the part, but then a $3.00 part # look-up charge, and a $5.00 handling charge, after all said and done it was a 5% discount thats a pretty crappy wholesale account.

·
Registered
130 Posts
RhythmsDJs said:
You don't want to work there...they pay for shit...that's part of the equation. High prices plus low costs/labor = maximum profit. I hate the place, but gotta give the owner(s) credit, they're good business people. That's what business is all about, getting ahead, at least from the owner(s) standpoint. Sucks for the customer, but they're one of the only Yamaha dealers in town, they've got the market cornered.

Another in the long list of reasons to buy SUZUKI! :flipa

·
Registered
444 Posts
RhythmsDJs said:
Sucks for the customer, but they're one of the only Yamaha dealers in town, they've got the market cornered.
Waukesha Power isn't that far away. If you're looking for a new bike, I can't see driving 20 mins to get a better price as a bad thing...

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
No, but if you look at Milwaukee, there isn't really a ton of Yamaha dealers. So, they can really get away with charging whatever they want. And Waukesha Power just started selling bikes this season, so this is the first time they've been competition.

·
Stabmaster
78 Posts
there is a yamaha dealer right off 76th street by rawson or loomis or something up there, friend takes his ..road... star... something bike there. i cant keep cruisers straight if my life depeneded on it... o well

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
GSXFER600 said:
there is a yamaha dealer right off 76th street by rawson or loomis or something up there, friend takes his ..road... star... something bike there. i cant keep cruisers straight if my life depeneded on it... o well
Keifer's is the name and... Keifer's is a huge joke. Most of the people that work there are assholes and they poke your eyes out with their prices. Only go there if you like getting screwed over and yelled at. And don't even dare sit on a bike or snowmobile that is sitting in their showroom or you will stir up such a shitstorm you will not believe it.

I'd rather go to Don and Roy's and pay them 30% over their already high prices than step one foot in Keifer's yamaha.

·
Registered
186 Posts
I bought my r1 there and thought it was a pretty good price,Definately have to hit them at the right time.Always good to have them do a credit check first, good credit= serious buyer.

·
Registered
10 Posts
What do cars have to do with the prices a motorcycle dealership charges? I'm not going to defend D&R about the prices, but I will talk about the cars. I know the owners of D&R and they do have other investments that suppliment their income. Most small business owners have other investments on the side.

So because the guy drives a M3 you think that drives up their pricing? They have to remain somewhat competitive with their prices. The Internet shops have really taken their toll on the local guys. Internet sites don't have the overhead of bikes, rents, etc... Why do you think you can get helmets, tires, and accessories so cheap?

How do I know? Because I owned a retail shop and Internet site for five years. The retail shop really took a dive after people started slashing prices on the net. People with home based business that sell retail items don't have a clue of what it actually takes to make a profit.

/rant

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
Sammy said:
People with home based business that sell retail items don't have a clue of what it actually takes to make a profit.

/rant
That may be true but most dealerships don't know how to either. Compared to say a new car dealership, most new bike dealerships seem like they are operating in backwoods Mississippi.

1 - 20 of 78 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.