Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Human After All
4,687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was in the left lane going straight, had a car in the right lane just ahead of me turn left across my lane to make a U-Turn and wound up kissing the driver's side door. No damage to her car, no real damage to my bike (The front wheel turned and pulled out of my hands, I failed to stop it falling and stepped away while guiding it as carefully as I could to the ground with a slipping grasp since I knew it was falling no matter what I did) other than some plastic cracking/scrapes along the side where it touched ground.

The driver turned out to be a 16 year old Japanese girl who was on the phone because she got a call from her mother that her grandmother had just fallen and gotten hurt and they needed her to get home (I guess because she had the only car, but I didn't ask), driving a Honda Civic.

With my luck the insurance will decide I was at fault somehow. Fortunately I was the only party with damage so worst case scenario fixing my fairing is on me (Since I don't have collision coverage, and wouldn't use it for such a small amount regardless). The adjuster will be here tomorrow to take a look at it.

So.. that was my Friday night.

·
Are we not men?
9,013 Posts
Good that you weren't hurt. Could have been much worse.

·
the joke is in your hand
8,594 Posts
There's no way it's your fault. I hope to god you called the cops though. She should be charged with all kinds of shit

·
Registered
9,277 Posts
Should I reply like Mein would. . .or should I reply like a normal person?

hmmm

Reactions: knonfs and max384

·
Registered
9,600 Posts
You should have gotten her Driver's License Information and called the police

·
Human After All
4,687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
You should have gotten her Driver's License Information and called the police
I got her driver's license, car insurance, registration, license plate number, filed an insurance claim with her company, and they've accepted liability on it since she admitted making a stupid move (And didn't tell her parents until the insurance company was on the phone... oops!)

So now I need to get a repair estimate to them and they'll pay out whatever the shop says

1 - 20 of 26 Posts