Sport Bikes banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Yeah it's fast...
913 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Figured I should show a pic and let you know how the install went. The instructions that he includes with the light are excellent and he even includes some wire taps that make install very, very easy. Though I highly recommend that if you get this taillight, you should solder the 2 turn signal connections. I used clear caulking the first go around and then after that dried I used some clear RTV, get the cheese wiz cans(NAPA part #765-3013) cost more but make application very easy and prescise. It got alittle messy trying to get the board centered in the housing, center it before you add the silicone. I have had it on for less than a day and I am already in love with it, I use my signals more then ever so the people behind can see how cool they are. Here are the pics, they are much better in person and if you are in my area you are welcome to stop by and check them out.
running lights:

Attachments

·
Yeah it's fast...
913 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Here are a couple of videos I took with my digi cam, so quality sucks, one with brake off and one with brake on. NOTE **I wont be able to host them very long**
VIDEO LINK

·
Registered
858 Posts
:dblthumb
Looks good my parts came in the mail today for my build it kit but I wont have it in my hands till the post office opens in the morning since they needed a signature.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Thanks for posting the great pics phxtavis! That is a good idea to solder the signal wires for those of you who have that capability. Otherwise make sure you get the crimp on connectors good and tight.

I'm glad you like it! :beer

·
Registered
58 Posts

·
Ride Naked
3,324 Posts
Looks great! :phatyo

I hadn't considered getting the integrated turn signals AND keeping the stalks in the stock location. I'm big on visbility and dismissed the integrated deal because I think keeping the signal stalks away from the tail light is more visible. BUT, both working together is even better! What would I need to make the integrated lights flash in unison with the stock ones? Is it something I could piece together with components from Radio Shack?

·
Yeah it's fast...
913 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
they will run in unison with the stock ones as is, but they will cause your flashers to run faster. To eliminate that you have to install, load equalizers?(cant remember what they are called) bubmrtn offers them as an option.

·
Registered
58 Posts
phxtravis said:
they will run in unison with the stock ones as is, but they will cause your flashers to run faster. To eliminate that you have to install, load equalizers?(cant remember what they are called) bubmrtn offers them as an option.
Actually if you keep your stock rear signals in place then you won't need the load equalizers. Just splice into your signals wires and your ready to go! It will actually make the installation even easier than it already is! You won't need anything more than what I provide with the tail light kit.

Now if you wanted to make them flash alternately with the stock signals then that would take a little work. Hmmm.... that's not a half bad idea. I'll have to think about that some more. Don't be looking for me to come out with that anytime soon though.

The load equalizing resistors take the place of the rear signal bulbs. So they are only needed if you remove your rear turn signals. The flasher unit on your bike is designed to flash faster if a bulb is burned out. If you remove your rear turn signals, the flasher unit thinks a bulb is burned out so it flashes faster. The load equalizing resistors "fool" the flasher unit into thinking the rear turn signals are still there.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts