Sport Bikes banner
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Banned
358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lets see, I went up to the track to take some pics and party and ride on tue. Had a great time the night before camping out, Monday I stole scotts cam and went to town taking like 400 pics of everything and anything. Towards the end of the day I got 3 good session, one in blue... but i bumped myself down to yellow to take it easy and to follow some of the BoRn members for the last 2.

We had a track walk at like 6pm and i learned a **** load, so much that i couldnt wait to get back on the track and start working on things to smooth out the riding and fix/clean up my lines a little. I went out and right off the bat Blue on monday was cooking. People were def a lot faster than the day before, but i guess thats what a two day even will do. By the second session we ALL started to pick it up a little more and having fun. KenC had to pull Blue aside after that and told us to slow down and take it easy at least till lunch time. Come the 3rd session i go out... got the cam on this time, going to take it at like 80-90% to work on a few referance points... get behind like 5 riders at one point so i choose to pit in... as im pitting in the Red flag comes up... we sit around for a bit in the pits, after the little accident is cleaned up we roll back out. I was behind a guy on a Ducai 900 something, looked like a two stroke bike but not sure... anywho, we go around one lap and we both pick it up a little, im trying to work on turn 1, 2 and 3 at this point, I end up passing him on the drive out of 12 and hold come good speed all the way up to 3.

I went a little wide through 3 trying to get my tires inside that little triangle on the outside corner and line up for 4 like we talkeda bout in the track walk, but thats when stuff went wrong. I must have set up just a little inside and didnt point the bike right, as i went up the hill you can see in the video the tire started to leave a ****** right from the get go. And like a dumbass i went against all the advice i ever gave about the highside hill, i made a mid-turn adjustment and by than it was to late. I tried to stay on the gas and lowside since i knew it was over but it hooked back up and pitched my ass right off.

After the Weeeee i landed right on the back of my head and slammed my right knee and left ankle into the ground. I even dented the carbon fiber on my gloves. Slid on my ass for like 20-30 feet and as i hit the curb all hell broke loose, i just tucked my arms in front of my chest and started to bounce the hell around. When i stopped i just laid there for about 30 seconds to make sure I was still alive... started to move my arms and legs, sat up to see the damage... bike parts all up turn 4 and the bike about 10 feet away from me. Tonys crew did a great job getting to me within 30 seconds and i walked myself into the ambulance, they cleaned up my bike and got it back to me with a few key parts in hand. After the EMTs looked me over they took care of me through the day by checking up on my retarded ass. Anywho, i need to learn how to lowside!!!

THE VIDEO
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kGdU6ypYXD4

& What sucks is im going to the Poconos on Sat and i dont have a spare throttle tube and cables, i have everything else just not that
can anyone help a brother out???

·
Banned
244 Posts
Only do a half dozen or so track days a year and did a couple races back when i was 17-18 so i'm not expert however, 2 things UR upper body seems to be pushin down on the bike while ur lower body is hangin off. Ur head appears to be inline where the left mirror would be while making a right turn. This is makin u lean the bike more then actually needed to go around the turn @ the same speed. It may seem a lil off but make sure u keep ur head and upper body inline with ur lower body. It may feel weird with the pavement streaking by a foot from ur face but it'll allow u to lean the bike less. Also you used the same gear to go 125mph on the straight as u did to go around that 45 mph turn which i'm guessing was 4th gear. It looks like u high sided just as ur bike stepped into the bottom of the powerband. .02
Glad that ur ok though cause that highside looked brutal.

·
Banned
358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
MIKEDPILOT said:
Only do a half dozen or so track days a year and did a couple races back when i was 17-18 so i'm not expert however, 2 things UR upper body seems to be pushin down on the bike while ur lower body is hangin off. Ur head appears to be inline where the left mirror would be while making a right turn. This is makin u lean the bike more then actually needed to go around the turn @ the same speed. It may seem a lil off but make sure u keep ur head and upper body inline with ur lower body. It may feel weird with the pavement streaking by a foot from ur face but it'll allow u to lean the bike less. Also you used the same gear to go 125mph on the straight as u did to go around that 45 mph turn which i'm guessing was 4th gear. It looks like u high sided just as ur bike stepped into the bottom of the powerband. .02
Glad that ur ok though cause that highside looked brutal.
I went up the hill in 3rd, i downshifted as i started to brake for turn 3. And as far as upper body...

·
Premium Member
5,605 Posts
Sorry to hear tha bro!!!that gave me shudder men...highside is my worse nightmare...are you hurt ?

·
Banned
358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
My right knee hurts a little, and my left ankle is about 75% larger now due to swelling...

·
Registered
696 Posts
Damn bro sorry to hear about that. Bike doesn't look as bad as it could at least.
Glad you were able to walk away from it though

·
Banned
358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
-T-O-O-L- said:
Bike looks totaled to me, I've seen bikes with a lot less damage than that that were totaled. What are your plans? fix it up, insurance claim, track only...
totaled? dude, its track plastics and so on... i have half the spair parts here already. Unless you do track days and so on you wont really understand why the damage to the bike isnt that bad after an 80mph highside.

·
Banned
358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
-T-O-O-L- said:
track plastics different story, but seriously... like I said I've seen bikes with a lot less damage on them than that which were totaled. At least you have all the spare parts. Is the frame scratched at all?
No frame damage at all, its pretty much just the upper.

·
Registered
617 Posts
I highsided in turn 2 at Infineon here...sorta the same, come up over the top of the hill and sorta off camber, too much go juice!

Looks like its time for some DOT race rubber too man. That probably was part of the issue--lotsa lean angle on street tires means you need meticulous throttle control..

1 - 20 of 50 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.