Sport Bikes banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok today i went and charger my batt to it was full and i rode for like 5 mins down the road at 7 00 am then i got back on the bike at 1200 and came home so a anoth 5 min drive and now my batt is dead any ideas

also what would be some reasons my speedometer and tach would stop working while riding could it be not enough batt or wat plz help

·
RESIDENT ASSHOLE
8,497 Posts
Yes it could be because the ignition system was using all the juice.

Id be checking for some kind of current draw (meaning you have something using voltage) when the bike is off or the batter got fucked up from the crash..............how bad was this crash?

·
~ Master Technician ~
2,176 Posts
Put a meter on the battery with the bike running, record that measurement. Then then rev the engine to 5,000rpms and record that measurement. Tell us what you get.

Like the hybrid said, you could have a constant draw or the charging system is junk or the battery could be bad.

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
how old is the battery? those short drive run the battery down without charging it back up.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well i took my batt. to autozone and hed them check it they said it was fine and they charged the batt. all the way up for me so wat type of voltage thing should i get and also where do i attach the voltage to and when i wreched both my front blinkers broke and my windshield i hav put all new blinkers on it and a batt. is maybe a few weeks old i think its my chraging system also does anyone know the cranking amps for my bike

1 - 5 of 5 Posts