Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Hardass!
8,085 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now that I have your attention...How you old bastage's doing?

So they still haven't passed a lane splitting law in Texas

I am riding my DR650 more than my other motorcycles

And I am looking for another Vmax...cause I am in love with em...

Whats new?

·
After Me Lucky Charms
5,281 Posts
But there is a bill in Congress to get lane splitting legal in all 50 states. :)

·
Premium Member
9,239 Posts
But there is a bill in Congress to get lane splitting legal in all 50 states. :)
That would be great news. Any link to how that bill is foretasted to fair? I'm guessing not to good.

Haven't rode my Concours in about a month due to the cold/snow.

I've found a SV1000 that has really piqued my interest. Might end up with another bike this weekend.

·
Hardass!
8,085 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Nice upgrade on scooters Mein! VFRs are awesome. Damnit as populated Texas is...and as stupid as San Antonio drivers are...I dunno if lane splitting is even worth it. Did we lose any long term members? Hows ol PhilB?

·
After Me Lucky Charms
5,281 Posts
kevin_stevens passed away.

I-Jo visits twice a year now. arcticcat left (now over at triumph675.net)

Oh and mssdrider is back!

·
Mexican Hard Shell Taco
5,894 Posts
I've seen a lot of complains about San Antonio and Houston drivers, but when I've been there they just seemed to drive a bit faster than in the rest of the USA, still too slow for what I'm used to. The carelessness of SA and Houston drivers just seems on par with drivers in the rest of the USA, didn't strike me as unusual.

·
Registered
280 Posts
I think the same problems exist everywhere. I don't ride much in NYC but I do ride through it to get out of it. This is one place, that if you do have a quiet exhaust, you're going to get run over. I remember riding my friend's TU250 home and twice, cars came into my lane not realizing anyone was there.

When I was living in Houston, I was bored to tears with my bike. The flat roads are killers, man. Maybe if I didn't have a sportsbike and something more cruiser like, I might have been able to enjoy wearing chaps and a vest with no shirt underneath so that my chest hairs can enjoy the wind.

But cot-damn spring... or at least 40 degree sunny days, please come back.

Oh, I got rid of the Aprilia RSV 1000 R and got myself a Ducati Streetfighter S.

·
Hardass!
8,085 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ahhh shit..Thats the worst thing about being a true rider...is coming to a place like this and calling home with a bunch of brothers and sisters...fighting, offering advice and knowing one day they will be gone.

:(

·
Mexican Hard Shell Taco
5,894 Posts
What is worse is that most of the model specific forums for sportbikes are packed full of squids that come and go as they wreck their bikes.

·
Hooligan
14 Posts
What is worse is that most of the model specific forums for sportbikes are packed full of squids that come and go as they wreck their bikes.

I am rather amused by the ones who talk about wrecking their bike followed immediately by a post boasting of upgrading to a larger bike that they'll inevitably wreck in a few months. But, I've been called old and cynical, so there's that...

·
Are we not men?
9,013 Posts
I think PhilB finally got tired of the BS from certain types...hardly see him around anymore.

·
Mexican Hard Shell Taco
5,894 Posts
This year, around March, I can't recall the exact date, it will be my riding anniversary, 12 years of riding daily. Last October it was my 5th year anniversary of being bike only...

But now that I have a dog I'm really considering getting a cage...

1 - 20 of 22 Posts