Sport Bikes banner

I have finally succumbed to the lure of a Ducati.

2K views 17 replies 13 participants last post by  Scissors 
#1 ·
The Ducati I speak of is the all new 2013 Hypermotard. and what did me in... the 18,000 mile service interval.

Service intervals have always been my biggest complaints with Ducati. But this just sealed the deal for me.

I fell in love with the Hypermotard the from the start, but the combination of the low service intervals and the air cooled engine just didn't make the bike appealing to me.

But no more. Looks like Daddy has to start saving his monies for his new ride...

sigh

Anyone else feel the same?

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

See less See more
#7 · (Edited)
I thought Aprilia had the same issues with gas tanks. I have a friend with an RSV4 who only runs AV-GAS in his to avoid the gas tank distortion issues.

Anyway, I really like air-cooled, two valve Ducati's. But the new Hyper is supposed to be a great bike. I have another friend who is a Ducati mechanic, fellow fan of the two-valve motors and a Hypermotard owner (1100). He loves the new one though. The last time we talked he couldn't stop talking about how much he loved the new one.

Strange side note: the Hypermotard and the Speed Triple are probably the two most popular bikes amongst people who race and ride on the street. I'm sure it's a great bike.

#15 ·
I thought Aprilia had the same issues with gas tanks. I have a friend with an RSV4 who only runs AV-GAS in his to avoid the gas tank distortion issues.
My Aprilia tank had swelled a little bit but it doesn't do any of the bubbling that I saw on the Ducati tanks. It's just a little difficult to get the tank back on when I remove it.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

#9 ·
Get an extended warranty. :D

Reactions: PCHbreeze
#10 ·
My 12, 848 has belts every 15,000. No need for warranty.

And had zero issues with all that tank nonsense thats overblown. In the ducati forums 99% of the guys are not having issues.

Two years of hard riding, im really happy with the bike, other then sometimes wishing I bought a liter bike.

#16 ·
The tank on my 1098 had already been replaced when I bought mine. It was done under warranty, so it didn't cause the previous owner any real grief. Even if I end up having the same problem at some point I feel like the bike is awesome enough to forgive it for that issue. It's a problem for a fair number of people, but personally it's a risk I'm willing to take because I love the bike that much. My bike currently has about 27000 miles on it and other than the regular scheduled maintenance it has never needed anything. Hell when I clean the bugs off the nose it looks basically brand new still.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.