Sport Bikes banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So the guy I bought my bike from gave me an undertail kit and a smoked integrated turn signal tail light that he never got around to installing. I'm actually not a fan of most undertail kits so if I install it I will paint it black, use the stock red tailight "looks better than smoked imo", and mount the OEM turn signals into the new license plate bracket. Since I'm not going for the look most people are is it even worth it? Will it make a big difference in the bikes looks? Thanks :)

·
Hardass!
8,085 Posts
I used to be a fan of sleek and hidden...but with today's idiots on the road..I would prefer more lights that ever. I have a 2x2 inch brake light on my DR650 and I am forever looking after my 6.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I used to be a fan of sleek and hidden...but with today's idiots on the road..I would prefer more lights that ever. I have a 2x2 inch brake light on my DR650 and I am forever looking after my 6.
well, thats why I would leave the stock signals and tail light. But since I'm leaving these I wonder if it will make a significant difference or not.

·
Super Moderator
18,634 Posts
Personally, I like the "clean" look of an aftermarket undertail with integrated blinkers. But, that's me. You should choose what you're happy with.

As for safety, a reflective vest will provide much, much more noticeability for the surrounding vehicles than any set of stock or integrated blinkers.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Personally, I like the "clean" look of an aftermarket undertail with integrated blinkers. But, that's me. You should choose what you're happy with.

As for safety, a reflective vest will be provide much, much more noticeability for the surrounding vehicles than any set of stock or integrated blinkers.
I don't think people will realize your using your turn signal, which is kind of dangerous, and they won't know to look for them there. If they see my bright orange turn signals when they're off they'll at least know where to watch for them.

I have a hi-vis REEVU helmet.

·
Are we not men?
9,013 Posts
I use the stock signals. I want people to have every opportunity to see them. I also have a Clear Alternatives LED taillight, which is considerably brighter than stock. Smoke lights tend to be quite dim, especially during the daytime.

I believe Clear Alternatives are no longer in business. Shame, they had a great product.

·
Registered
135 Posts
I had an LED integrated tail light/turn signals on my FZ6 and people were always telling me they couldn't see it, especially the turn signals. I ended up switching back to the stock light with an LED brake light bulb in it, and separate LED turn signals mounted in the stock position. The stock turn signals would have been even more visible but I hated how they looked.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts