Sport Bikes banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
... buying stuff for my new bike when i should be putting that money towards putting it on the road ! man, feels like summer is almost over. ive had my bike for 2 weeks now and so far ive baught new exhaust (devil highmount 3/4 CF - ebay - $405), sportech black/chrome windscreen $50, hotbodies undertail (ronayers.com - $182), Metzeler roadtech Z6's front/rear (ronayers.com - $233). hopefully i win my helmet from e-bay tonight. that should be another $350 or so. will it ever stop ? anyone else have this problem

·
Registered
10,767 Posts
no it won't stop, there always is something else out there to buy

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
Yes it will stop temporarily, when you get to the point where mods are too expensive to buy!

The main reason I bought my particular bike is b/c it had most of the mods done to it that I wanted to do. Here is a list of them, and ballpark figures for what they cost-

Sato Banzai CF exhaust $1300
tank protector $ 20
Flushmounts/ft $ 20
Dussalt Undertail $ 340
15/41 gears, 530 $ 80
frame sliders $ 50
PCIIIR $ 300
Scotts damper $ 350
braided brakelines $ 100
All "free" mods

You would think it would be all done with all that crap, but it wasn't! So far, I have only bought a clear double bubble windscreen, new 15/41 gears with the 520 conversion since the old ones were shot, and a speedo recalibrator. Still, that's about $300 worth of stuff, and now I need new tires. I like to do mods, but I'm to the point now where other than an undertail and flushmounts for cosmetic reasons, I'd rather spend the money to correct existing problems or make it faster/safer.

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
you've done the "easy" and relatively inexpensive stuff, now it gets into cubic dollars and that will at least slow you down.

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Sounds like a great bike but what use is all the mods if you can't ride it. So get it on the road so you can enjoy it!!! :pisson and why don't you post some pics so we can be jealous :)

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
cuz i cant afford a digital camera ! just won my Shoei Diabolic 2 helmet on ebay for $344. whats awesome is that the guy lives in boston so i dont have to pay for shipping. my girl has a camera and i totally plan on doing a photoshoot like the bike was auditioning for playboy. the end of this week is going to be AWESOME because everything ive ordered should be comming in thursday and friday

·
You got that right.
10,228 Posts
greekpimpslap said:
cuz i cant afford a digital camera ! just won my Shoei Diabolic 2 helmet on ebay for $344. whats awesome is that the guy lives in boston so i dont have to pay for shipping. my girl has a camera and i totally plan on doing a photoshoot like the bike was auditioning for playboy. the end of this week is going to be AWESOME because everything ive ordered should be comming in thursday and friday
I know how that is! I ordered my Yoshi pipe, new helmet and some carbon fiber the very minute I bought my F4i. It never stops really. It just snowballs I think.

Let me know when you're riding. I'm always going through Lynn/Swampscott/Salem. I have my digital camera if she doesn't pull through.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
oh, and here is the deal on the bike, lemme know if you like it. i am the third owner. bike has 6000 miles on it and is red/black. it has a rear hugger, chain guard, flushmount blinkers, undertail (a cheap one), frame sliders, two brothers X-Metal exhaust (which i think is hideous so im exchanging it for the devil high mount). bike is absolutely spotless. still under factory warranty till may 06. also the previous owner threw in a rear stand (spools are on the bike), all the original stuff (blinkers, stock exhaust, grips), new oil + filter. i believe ive mentioned everything. all this for $6700.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
hey mike, i live in swampscott but ive been a lynn boy my whole life. i had a huge crew that i rode with last year when i had my 929. we can totaly meet up and go for a ride. if i ever get it on the road that is :)

·
Registered
791 Posts
just curious if thats ur first bike that you're putting all this money into.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
nah, last year i had a 2001 929rr (first bike) in which my rear tire blew out and the bike was totaled. i know what u guys are thinking about having a big bike as a first bike. ive passed the MSF course perfectly (literally) and ive also rode my friends 600 (04 gsxr 600 & 04 R6) and was not happy with how they felt under my 6'4" 270lb frame.

·
what R you lookin' at?
5,313 Posts
sounds like you'll be like the previous owners, alot of bling , very little riding.......lol

6000mi........:eek:nfloor

so how many miles do you put on your 929?

·
You got that right.
10,228 Posts
RACER X said:
sounds like you'll be like the previous owners, alot of bling , very little riding.......lol

Playing the DA again, we don't have a lot of opportunity to ride up in Boston. There's sand on the streets from the winter that's usually there almost through April. And a lot of folks stop riding around October. Give or take 6, 7 months. And everything here is pretty close by, not a lot of opportunity to ride.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
RACER X said:

umm, i purchased the 929 in may i believe and by september i had put about 1500 miles on it. wrecked the bike on september 11th after a bike run that i had participated in. me and 3 of my friends were the only sport bilkes. that was weird ! as far as the riding goes, i dont plan to ride it much, i work 6 days a week so my real riding day is monday. other than that i have crappy work hours which will prevent me from riding... thats good and bad, ill be keeping my bike in pristine condition but i wont be able to enjoy a nice sunday ride through some corners. some say "then why the hell did you buy it ?" ... the way i see it, id rather have it to ride on that one monday a week than have nothing at all. atleast this way it makes me feel like all the work ive done was for something. i plan to take the bike off the road come the end of october

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
oh, and i purchased the bike from a guy in NH which has even worse weather than we in MA do. and you can pretty much guarantee that most of those 6000 miles is highway mileage

1 - 16 of 16 Posts