Sport Bikes banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Not always on two
2,727 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First it goes from 65 to 32 in 3 days. Then it snows. Then a freakish wind storm rips my bike garage out of its foundation, pulling out all the cement spikes, and the ropes holding it to the house.

In this same instants it carries my bike into my roomates subaru, then drags it to the ground, slidding a foot or two into the bushes.

It was laying on its side for up to 6 hours before I found it.

My roomates subaru has roughly $1500 in damage.

I hate wisconsin.

·
Registered
5,926 Posts
Ouch! :eek: Sorry to hear that, bro, that's rough all around. Our weather hasn't been all that different around here, even though the windstorm we had sure as hell didn't have wind that would lift a damn bike!

·
Not always on two
2,727 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't think it lifted my bike, that would be crazy, but the garage acted like a parasail and just pulled my bike off its kickstand into the subaru and then ultimately to the ground. The way that motorcycle garage was set up, I can't beleive that any wind could pull it out of the ground. I knew it was windy as all hell...but I just didnt expect this

·
second chimp in space
3,344 Posts
Sorry about the damage, but to be honest I almost miss the odd weather (been in Indiana for 8 years, now in socal). Sunny and 50s, snow, then back to sunny in the space of 2 hrs keeps you on your toes.

·
Registered
110 Posts
I think we got that same wind. I think I heard close to 70mph gusts. Took some shingles on my roof, but that's all. Blew the scoreboard over at one of the local football fields(howardwood field if anybody knows). It was pretty bad and only for one day. This was sunday I believe.

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
man, that sucks. I grew up in SE Iowa so I know about crappy weather.

Been sunny and low 80's here all week so I am heading out for a four day tour of the Texas Hill Country.

Move.........South. Those ducks and geese know something you don't.

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
It actually snowed here in jersey yesterday. I don't ever remember it snowing in october. Usually we don't get snow til late december. And of course this freak storm has to come during the world series.

·
Banned
911 Posts
We just went from a sunny 80 degrees to 30mph winds with a cold front at 52 degrees. :(

·
Registered
3,069 Posts
i was in florida last week, so missed out on the nasty weather, but now my bike sounds weird as hell.

Like more sound is coming from the engine, and less from the exaust, but still runs fine. its weird.

·
Full Time Slacker
3,178 Posts
Don't forget the lack of trees, bee swarming, rattlesnakes, coyotes and douchebags from Los Angeles everywhere.

Except for the 5 months of 100+ during "summer"... :twofinger

·
Not always on two
2,727 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
boner said:
wow, that sucks. were you planning on storing your bike in that 'garage' all winter
No I was planning on taking it to my parents place in Green Bay next weekend. Heated garage spot waiting for it and all. Looks like I'm going to get it back within the next 48 hours. :(

I just took a look at it again. The clutch lever isn't bent out as far as I initially thought, so I'll be riding it to brookfeild tonight...hopefully nothing falls off.

Now I know what "upgrades" I'll be performing over the winter. Color-rite.com is going to love me. Luckily enough I was already looking at a new adjustable clutch and front brake lever.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Wow, it was windy here in Madison, but not that windy. Sorry to hear about that adrenaline. I think we had gusts up to about 50 mph. Every time I'd light a cigarette the cherry would blow off.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts