Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not really. I don't think they are really that bad, but I live in a town of hicks where a sport bike is an anomaly. It seems like the Harley riders are snobby toward everyone that doesn’t have one! Now, I don’t really LIKE them but I would still wave or whatnot to say hi. Maybe I’m just sensitive but most of the ones around S. Central PA are just assholes.
 

·
You got that right.
Joined
·
10,228 Posts
Wouldn't you be upset if you had to buy a Harley to fit in? I mean seriously, spend $15,000 on an American piece of junk that breaks every other month? Didn't think so.

My uncle is hardcore HD. I told him I got a CBR. He kinda smirked but then he said something to the effect that "at least you don't have to worry about it breaking down." :lol
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
82 Posts
If they would let go with one hand to wave they would crash.
It's like running with a wheelbarrow, if you let go with one hand
your in deep deep trouble... :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
LOL, thanks for the support, really I passed at least 50 people today that didn't wave, nod, or do shit... grrr.. I'm not overly social but damn I would return the gesture.
I guess the one cool thing was the fat guy that tried to pass me at the stoplight :) I let him get ahead then decided I didn't want to be behind the fat old guy on the Harley and smoked him, I got the finger but it was worth it. I just don't understand all the standoffish bullshit, is there a class somewhere or what?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
46 Posts
LOL. There are a lot of Harley's where I live too. In fact, there's one in my garage!! I went for a ride the other day with a friend of mine, I was on my FZ and she on her Ninja. We parked next to these two Harley guys. One of them came up to us and said, "Good thing you parked uphill from us. That way the oil won't run downhill and get on your bikes." It took a minute because Harley guys are usually so serious about their bikes. I had a good laugh over that one. They loved the FZ-had lots of questions about it. Actually, my sporty has been in the garage A LOT since I got my fizzer, and today at the dealership I saw a shiny new Interceptor and thought, "hmmm...I wonder what they'd give me for my sportster".
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12 Posts
I wave at everyone as well. When I had a 1200 Sportster the Harley guys didn't wave at me either. Now that I have an FJR 1300 I could give a shit. I never understood it but then I ride my bike...not park and "be cool"..*shrugs*
 

·
On The Job
Joined
·
1,739 Posts
I live in PA about an hours drive West of Philly. I have to say that most of the Harley guys wave at me. I usually wave first though. I have just as many guys on sportbikes not wave as Harleys. It's usually the sportbike guys without helmets who don't wave. Funny thing is it seems like the hardcore looking Harley guys usually wave back at me. As long as your up on two I could care less what you ride.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,600 Posts
I owned a HD before I got the F4i...I enjoyed my Sturgis Model...It was a good bike...
 

·
FastAss
Joined
·
321 Posts
mikem317 said:
Wouldn't you be upset if you had to buy a Harley to fit in? I mean seriously, spend $15,000 on an American piece of junk that breaks every other month? Didn't think so.

My uncle is hardcore HD. I told him I got a CBR. He kinda smirked but then he said something to the effect that "at least you don't have to worry about it breaking down." :lol
Makes sense but the TPS issue on the FZ6 has caused me more headaches in one year than my XL 1000 sporty caused in 9. Guess you have to know how to build them. My Harley took me through Europe from Italy to Amsterdam and 23 states never once leaving me stranded. Had a broken kick start pedal a few times and a voltage regulator that like to break if I ran more than a 100 mph for any length of time but that don’t come close to the stalling on the FZ
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,440 Posts
If they don't wave, it's their problem, not yours. My HD friends are sweeties, but don't wave to strangers.
 

·
On The Job
Joined
·
1,739 Posts
MTNBYKR said:
Amen brotha!

Small world! My in-laws live in Honey Brook, PA (intersection of route 10 and route 322).
Not too far from me. You from this area or did they move to PA?
 

·
On 2 wheels...
Joined
·
209 Posts
ejworthen said:
Not too far from me. You from this area or did they move to PA?
My wife grew up there... Her parents still live there and we go to visit a couple times a year... Neat place, walk a mile down the road and it's Amish farms as far as you can see...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
202 Posts
Around here pretty much everyone waves. About the only ones that don't are Sportbike riders in shorts and flipflops or some of the HD sportster riders. I think basically its the newbies.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
194 Posts
I was never a real fan of the Harley for the same reasons most people that don't like Harleys.. .ie.. the piss poor quaility of HDs compared to Euro and Jap bikes, the "stereotype" of the riders and off course the obscene price tags they get people for. BUT that was until they came out with the V-Rod. Take about a sweet looking bike. Harley folks didn't like it cause it wasn't ur typical HD.... ie liquid cooled instead of air cooled, the lines of the bike etc etc.. but man what a creation. A 1000cc sport bike motor tuned up by the lads at Porsche.. and stuffed in a no weld frame with a fatty tire to boot. And for a HD, it is a rocket ship with balls. I want one so bad. :banana
 

·
On The Job
Joined
·
1,739 Posts
taurus574 said:
I was never a real fan of the Harley for the same reasons most people that don't like Harleys.. .ie.. the piss poor quaility of HDs compared to Euro and Jap bikes, the "stereotype" of the riders and off course the obscene price tags they get people for. BUT that was until they came out with the V-Rod. Take about a sweet looking bike. Harley folks didn't like it cause it wasn't ur typical HD.... ie liquid cooled instead of air cooled, the lines of the bike etc etc.. but man what a creation. A 1000cc sport bike motor tuned up by the lads at Porsche.. and stuffed in a no weld frame with a fatty tire to boot. And for a HD, it is a rocket ship with balls. I want one so bad. :banana
+1
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,206 Posts
urbandictionary.com said:
3. v-rod
The penis of a tranvestite male that does not do a very good job at posing as a woman.

Damn that girl got a huge v-rod.
This would bother me a little bit if I rode one. You have to admit that riding a rod does not sound very macho.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
210 Posts
Girl across the street from me traded in her new R6 for a VRod. I don't get it, but whatever. To each his or her own.
 
1 - 20 of 32 Posts
Top