Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Nah I dont hate em since i have dogs...but i hate them when im on my bike. Today I was cruisin in my neighborhood, and i come around a corner and see a owner walking her dog...totally oblivious to anything else since she was talkin to some1. So i kick it down a gear and prepare to swerve,check to make sure no1 is coming in the opposite lane,and start hoping the dog wont do anything. So when im almost to them, the dogs ears jerk up and it rushes out into the road...so i swerved to the other side barely missing the dog, and accelerated out of there...owner didnt realize what was goin on until i was pass them(dont know how since i have a yosh pipe).

But for some reason it seems like its only ankle bitters that go after my bike! Ill cruise past like Labs and dogs like that, and they wont do shat!! But EVERYTIME I go past a little ankle-bitter it wants to attack my bike...what the hell!? Do they feel like they have to prove something?!:lol So has anyone else noticed if lil dogs go after their bikes more than big dogs? Or is it just me that lil dogs hate!

·
Registered
773 Posts
lil dogs need love 2.i heard somewhere that dogs dont know how big or small they are. i think it depends onteh breed of dog some are more laid back.

·
Registered
3,180 Posts
dreamy333 said:
lil dogs need love 2.i heard somewhere that dogs dont know how big or small they are. i think it depends onteh breed of dog some are more laid back.
Ain't that the truth! Particularly true of terriers.

We have a Cairn Terrier pup. He thinks he's a real bad-ass; doesn't realize he's smaller than the cats even.

Don't he look tough?

Fortunately, he's afraid of cars and doesn't like being anywhere near the road (not that we ever let him run loose).

·
how bout dem deadskins
3,235 Posts
dude you lucky you were at a stop sign.. i pass this corner house errytime i use my bike to work, sometimes i get a red at the light. and that dogs fugging crazy when it sees me.. i had to do a burn out & honk at the fugger the last time he came after me... oh, and this was no ankle bitter it was a fake azz lab looking dog, pretty chingo'n. :neener

·
Banned
1,097 Posts
Dogs must think you're on a mechanical horse or something. Every one I pass by goes crazy!

·
Registered
773 Posts
i brake for puppies

·
Registered
3,897 Posts
F&D said:
Ain't that the truth! Particularly true of terriers.

We have a Cairn Terrier pup. He thinks he's a real bad-ass; doesn't realize he's smaller than the cats even.

Don't he look tough?

Fortunately, he's afraid of cars and doesn't like being anywhere near the road (not that we ever let him run loose).

Are you sure that isn't a badger?

·
Registered
2,164 Posts
small dogs are usually the more agressive ones. I've never seen a big dog aside from this one retreiver by my friends house go after a bike.

·
Registered
773 Posts
i think the puppy is cute i have jack russels.....im a sucker for cute puppies....

·
Registered
163 Posts
yeah I trained my little dachshund not to bark at people or chase them because that stuff drives me crazy when little dogs start barking like no other

·
Registered
25 Posts
Yeah I hate em too, especially this one. Darn thing chases me all the time and I have to out run em. When I pass him he never waves either! :)

·
Mexican Hard Shell Taco
5,894 Posts
F&D said:

You must have bought it using your credit card...

Once you pay the card's balance are they going to give you the rest of the dog???

·
Old school fool
5,720 Posts
Be careful. My dog is fast enought to catch your ass! - Notice the intense concentration...

Attachments

·
Registered
376 Posts
I never thought small dogs could be so loud. It seems like the smaller the dog the more noise it can manage to make.

·
Registered
488 Posts
I love dogs, and I know for a fact your bike can move MUCH faster than one ;).. race that lil focker.. lol

·
Registered
89 Posts
I had a dog run out from behind a car towards my bike today. I saw the dog take off from the person's lawn as I approached. The owner was freaking out. I slowed down, dropped it in first and hit it once I passed the dog. MSF saves the day :banana

·
what's up bitches
1,382 Posts
^ lol i learned that in the safe today as well. classroom session.

Anyone ever try to rev the shit out of their exhaust to scare them? Or does that just attract them more.

·
Registered
71 Posts
odin673 said:
I had a dog run out from behind a car towards my bike today. I saw the dog take off from the person's lawn as I approached. The owner was freaking out. I slowed down, dropped it in first and hit it once I passed the dog. MSF saves the day :banana

+1 That lesson from MSF has already been used.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts