Sport Bikes banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just went to a fucking dealer and got so pissed man that 929 had orange wheels was raced and crashed god knows how many times had scratches everywhere and they still wanted 5900 for it.

I'm going to look at an 02 954 red with full arata pipe, PCIII, flushmounts and integrator, fender eliminator, frame sliders, and goodridge brake lines with 2300 miles for 7500 dollars. I think it's an awesome deal considering the exhaust is worth 1500 and it has less miles than I'd put on a new bike in a week. The guy sounds really nice too.

·
what R you lookin' at?
5,313 Posts
have you done a trackday w./ your current bike?

·
Registered
3,811 Posts
Progressing through bikes rather quickly eh junior? Just please tell me you were kidding when you said this:

Meh2u said:
I can drag my knee on the racetrack so I know I'm pretty proficient

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Haha yeah I was joking. I'm a good rider and I'm safe though. Looking for more of a clean ride than a fast one. I was going to buy a 600RR but it was just too much money for something that's like my bike.

I don't think a 954 is too much bike for me hell if I was going to crash I would have done it on the 600. I haven't had any tickets an DON'T call me junior.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
For Racer-X: I have done a "track day" but I just went by myself. Within 10 laps I was dragging my knee around 4 of the 11 turns (I wear a 1 piece leather suit).

I don't like racing though I keep my pace to a miniumum mostly 50-60 brake and corner to the best of my ability, I am more concentrated on being a better rider than going as fast as I can on the straights and then going into a turn hot and dumping my bike.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Meh2u said:
hell if I was going to crash I would have done it on the 600.
Oh that's just freaking priceless. Please tell me you don't really believe that. Hell, if that's the case, then alot of people should get rid of their 600s just so they can say and think the exact same thing.

You better believe you can just as easily crash tomorrow on a freaking scooter as you could 10 years from now on the baddest bike out there. When a person goes down, the circumstances that caused it don't care that you didn't crash on your 600.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Heath3n said:
Oh that's just freaking priceless. Please tell me you don't really believe that. Hell, if that's the case, then alot of people should get rid of their 600s just so they can say and think the exact same thing.

You better believe you can just as easily crash tomorrow on a freaking scooter as you could 10 years from now on the baddest bike out there. When a person goes down, the circumstances that caused it don't care that you didn't crash on your 600.
Hey man I'm sorry I must have worded that wrong. What I meant was that if I crash that it would happen on the 600 just the same (hitting sand, other drivers, rider error, whatever else). I think about the price difference and the nicer bike and crashing it and it makes me think but you know what if I decide I want to move up next march it'll be a hell of a lot more expensive.

600's are not toys, they're extremely fast and twitchy and you have to respect that. I'm not interested in the 954 for the power. It weighs less than my GSXR with the 9 pound full Arata exhaust, has WAY better brakes, is very clean, has 2300 miles (my 600 has 13.5k and as much as I ride would have 30 by the end of next season).

I'm not a total squid (maybe a little I won't deny that), but if I was I'd be buying a 99-01 R1 just because they're cheaper and look better. Much can also be said about the comfort level of the 954 versus my 600 because the majority of my riding is in town (the bike is my only form of transportation currently).

·
Registered
333 Posts
Meh2u said:
I'm not a total squid (maybe a little I won't deny that), but if I was I'd be buying a 99-01 R1 just because they're cheaper and look better. Much can also be said about the comfort level of the 954 versus my 600 because the majority of my riding is in town (the bike is my only form of transportation currently).

No harm done..I think all of us has an inner squid that comes out sometimes. I'm in total agreement with you about the comfort and looks thing. :cool:

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
that sucks. i think the RR's are nice. if you ride 2-up the passanger doesnt like it. it depends, i mean is you have a girl that likes vibrating things...

·
Official SBN Party Pooper
20,262 Posts
Meh...glad you clarified that statement there...my eyes bugged out when I read that. I was getting ready to quote you in my signature :twofinger.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I don't know about passengers man especially with a new bike. I feel confident enough in my riding skills but I really do not want to drop my bike at a stoplight if she won't stop moving.

·
Registered
681 Posts
Meh2u said:
I'm not interested in the 954 for the power. It weighs less than my GSXR with the 9 pound full Arata exhaust, has WAY better brakes, is very clean, has 2300 miles (my 600 has 13.5k and as much as I ride would have 30 by the end of next season).
*cough*BULLSHIT!*cough*

Like buying the 954 will keep you from riding as much......kid yourself in you must, forget trying to bullshit the rest of us.

BTW, I can drag a knee(and hard parts) in a parking lot at 15mph on a 250....you did so once on a track......so fucking what? Proves nothing to me.

·
Registered
994 Posts
Back on topic. There's a dealer I feel that way about. He prevented me from getting a beautiful '86 750 Interceptor. I just couldn't afford it. He wouldn't come down $500 bucks (Canadian). I believe he kept it on his floor for about 3 years. :angry

On the other hand, maybe getting the slower used '84 saved my life (1st crash at 110 mph instead of 150?), and a lot of $$$. :)

·
Registered
558 Posts
I generally hate the all used dealerships.. their prices are fucking astronomical.. sometimes i don't understand how they get suckers to actually buy bike.. I went to this place near my house called wow (www.wowmotorcycles.com) They seem to always charge 1-2k more than kelly and nada book values.

Now the new dealership I deal with "Atlanta Motor World" is always fair and cool with their prices, salesmen are always nice and considerate and they give decent advice. My girl went in there looking at bikes and the guy wouldnt let her look anything else besides the 500r and the 250r, at wow the guy was telling her she'd be fine learning on a f4i or a zx6r.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts