Sport Bikes banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ahhh! Two days before this beautiful weekend I get this itching/burning in my throat. I figure it's nothing. Today I wake up and I'm a total mess. I feel horrible. I have this disgusting cough, my nose is completely congested, and I feel like I have no energy. Luckily I don't have a fever.

Any of you guys/gals use any home remedies that provide some decent relief? Any particular over the counter drugs that seem to work real well for you? I just want to feel better ASAP. Now I won't be able to do the long ride I had planned with my friends tomorrow. Figures this would happen on the weekend it doesn't rain. Eh, maybe it was meant to be in some way. Any help is appreciated, thanks.

·
Registered
48 Posts
madkat said:
liquid dayquil. nasty as all hell but works like a charm.
Totally agree! Also, if you have ginger, chop it up into smal pieces and take it with grounded black pepper, in small doses. This is an age old ayurvedic medicinal remedy and will work. You might dislike the taste, but believe me, it works.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Alka-Seltzer Cold Plus - Orange Flavored. It's not the best going down, but it dries you up and clears up the throat without making you drowsy. Drink hot green tea in the evenings and take a hot shower to clear out the sinuses. Your symptoms sound like sinusitus. You'll start snotting green and yellow if it's a sinus infection.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have the ginger but don't have the pepper. Believe me I won't care about the taste because 1) I can't taste anything right now, and 2) I am willing to do just about anything to feel better. Dayquil is good stuff, never had the liquid kind though. Problem is someone just came back from the store and bought Sudafed and Robitssin tablets instead.

·
Registered
48 Posts
No worries! Try just the ginger for now. Dont drink or eat anything cold, as it will make it worse. Get well soon! :)

·
Registered
48 Posts
Hey, sungwei, where in NJ r u and what do u ride? I am at Flanders (zipcode 07836)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts