Sport Bikes banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not here JUST to do that! :~)
I was really after the experiences of others before I committed £18K on a bike.
I am super enthusiastic and always keen to share my own experiences. These days, video is the best outlet for that.. Only a hobby - no ads on my channel.

Happy to use words too and not use a signature if that helps

I have ridden nearly every modern sports bike out there, including the new MV 1000RR so always happy to help others with their own searches.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No worries. At 52, this is my last shot at being a hooligan before I retire from fun and get a car :)

Ha, believe me, if the front wheel goes up - I crap myself. Saying that. I do get aftermarket exhausts - I bet you don't like that! :) - but I have a lack of hearing in my left ear and need the help.

I do have an Africa Twin Adventure Sports DCT ES+ too if that makes you feel better :p

·
Registered
149 Posts
I sold my Super Tenere back in Feb since I stopped doing endurance rallies. I had 150k miles between my two Super Tens. I'm 57 and still have most of my hearing, despite a life of industrial noise. Ear plugs for me, and you're right, I'm not a big fan of aftermarket exhausts. How are you going to get it thru MOT with the aftermarket pipes? Just swap back when time comes?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
150K - wow. My back winced at the thought of it :)
I need to do some longer journeys but even on a suitable bike my genetics mean struggle with fatigue. Oh well.

MOT? Well, cough, I know people.... it would never be an issue. Even then, in the UK, the MOT stations are pretty chilled out when it comes to motorbikes. It is the dirty cars they concentrate on.
Saying that. I always keep the standard ones - just in case. 🎧

1 - 7 of 7 Posts