Sport Bikes banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Turbo nerd.
13,732 Posts
Nice what are you going for.

....I'm thinking just finishing the BA is going to fucking kill me.

·
A guy on a scruffy bike
15,367 Posts
Congratulations.

PhilB

·
Registered
2,299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
education

the final year of my BA was tough. i was out of money, tired of living with druggies, sick of working and going to school full time, tired of the bureaucracy of the school, and trying desperately to have the comp 101 requirement waved.

Last summer and fall where i was just taking community college classes to fill out prerequisites i would need in grad school was much more fun.

i strongly suggest taking all the courses you can at community colleges. they are cheaper(by far), the teachers don't see their intro classes as a burden to get past before they get to teach the interesting courses, parking is easier, the bureaucracy is smaller and more manageable, and mine was next to great hiking.

·
Turbo nerd.
13,732 Posts
education

the final year of my BA was tough. i was out of money, tired of living with druggies, sick of working and going to school full time, tired of the bureaucracy of the school, and trying desperately to have the comp 101 requirement waved.

Last summer and fall where i was just taking community college classes to fill out prerequisites i would need in grad school was much more fun.

i strongly suggest taking all the courses you can at community colleges. they are cheaper(by far), the teachers don't see their intro classes as a burden to get past before they get to teach the interesting courses, parking is easier, the bureaucracy is smaller and more manageable, and mine was next to great hiking.

I did a feeder through a county school (Jersey comunity college) and I'l be going to Drexel in fall.

The difference is that I already have the career and I know how useless all of this bullshit I'm sitting through actually is. I'm at the point now that I'm actually closer to a mathematics degree than I am the Computer Engineering degree that is my major.

.....and all because I want a raise. Its getting fucking hard to gut out the burnout at this point.

Reactions: jeffo8

·
Registered
5,884 Posts
I did a feeder through a county school (Jersey comunity college) and I'l be going to Drexel in fall.

The difference is that I already have the career and I know how useless all of this bullshit I'm sitting through actually is. I'm at the point now that I'm actually closer to a mathematics degree than I am the Computer Engineering degree that is my major.

.....and all because I want a raise. Its getting fucking hard to gut out the burnout at this point.
For me grad school was much better than undergrad. More focus and more relevant coursework.

·
Turbo nerd.
13,732 Posts
For me grad school was much better than undergrad. More focus and more relevant coursework.
Yeah so 7 years of bullshit to get a fucking relevant course.

Nifty.

·
Registered
8,142 Posts
Congrats!

Do you have to specialize in anything? Like elementary ed, biology ed, history ed, etc.?

·
Registered
2,299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
right now i am a extended High School(secondary) History teacher. which means that i got my BA in history, and meet all the requirements to teach Asian, European, African, Latin American, World, American, and Montana history courses. (for my history degree i specialized in African history, and wrote my senior thesis on Ethiopia in the 1600's)

i am trying to add a Montana High School(secondary) Social Studies broad field teacher endorsement. The Montana social studies broad field requires you to have minors in Political Science and History. so i will have to take yet more undergrad political science courses.

I am actual a little miffed at having to take more Political Science courses because i already meet the Social Studies Teacher requirements for Colorado. Colorado requires that you have economics, sociology, psychology, political science, anthropology, and history courses. This seams like a much better set of requirements for a broad social studies teacher then just history and political science, like Montana wants. and the education department where i got my BA told me that they have reciprocity with Montana.

simultaneously i am trying to get my masters in secondary education.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts