Sport Bikes banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Sub-Zero
922 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i got a 2003 GSXR600 and im trying to figure out what kind of pipe i should get for a Gixxer... i want my bike to sound like its whining... whiiiiiiiinnnnnnnnnnnnnngggggggggggggggg as i fly past people.. and i also want the bike to sound good to like why it idles and revs up..

yoshi?
m4?
D&D?
FMF?

thanks
-mike

·
Registered
3,759 Posts
Yoshi has a nice sound, I know it isn't on your list but graves is nice too.

From what you said, you want to be noticed, D&D will make sure the next town over notices you, no joke, very loud and distinct.

·
Registered
731 Posts
well coloradoon22, there u go. Now u have the advice of one of the most experienced riders of the board (just look at his post count, shows he knows).

allright, I had my litle funny moment.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,025 Posts
Micron has the highest pitch of them all,and if you go with a full serpent system,you'll pick up a few ponnies.

·
Registered
765 Posts
Microns sound like a hollow rattling sound. Reminds me of a gutted stock can.

Yoshimura has a deep throaty tone, and still kind of loud too. D&D is a loud blaring noise, with no tone structure at all. The FMF's, Im dying to hear, because I want a gold one on my Alstare. I emailed FMF, and asked them about it. They compared the sound to Yoshimura, only slightly louder with a different tone.

·
Registered
5,025 Posts
But it sounds like he wants the high pitch instead of the deep throaty sound.

·
Registered
2 Posts
go with a Vance & Hines SS2R full system. its not high pitched but its LOUD and it sounds great. a busa mechanic that works on 50K bikes recommended it to me. you get the most for your buck.

·
Sub-Zero
922 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i want high pitched sounds.. whiiiiiiiiiiiiinnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnngggggggggggggggggg.. hahaha

ya i heard D&D is to loud, micron as same...

yoshi and akropovic is gonna be my 2 picks.. if ya know any others with high pitched sounds.. let me know..

·
Registered
101 Posts
get a whistler tip welded into the tip of the muffler lol! Woo wooo!

( im sure some of you all get the woo wooo part )

·
Sub-Zero
922 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
ya i got the woo woo part .. lol tin can mufflers..

·
Registered
3,759 Posts
ZyanKaly:

well coloradoon22, there u go. Now u have the advice of one of the most experienced riders of the board (just look at his post count, shows he knows).

allright, I had my litle funny moment.

Lmao, yes experience is all with the post COUNT!!! MWUAHAHA!

Ok no really it's not, I am just voicing my small opinion :)

·
Sub-Zero
922 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
well i heard that Yoshumira RS3 bolt-on pipe is a great yoshi pipe for zuki's < this is what i just ordered// .. thanks Gixxer_Six2003 and everyone else

·
Sub-Zero
922 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
i didnt get no carbon fiber, i got the chrome pipe

1 - 19 of 19 Posts