Sport Bikes banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Sub-Zero
922 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i got a problem with my bike.. when i am out there riding , my bike just quits and then the red FI light comes on? then i try to start it back up, it takes several tries.. so what does this means??? any help..

·
Banned
1,553 Posts
How's it run otherwise, or before it shuts off? Any bogging, stumbling, power loss etc? Sounds like it's running out of fuel to me... Fuel filter ok?

·
Registered
5,240 Posts
oooh I hope its not your injecters.. ikk to that kinna work and not cheap. did you leave gas in it over the winter? That can gum up EVERYTHING and make a huge expensive mess.

·
Registered
10,767 Posts
I'm not try to sound like a smart ass but it sound like you have some FI problems with the bike. You might want to put the bike into the dealer mode and get the code to see what the problem is.

·
Sub-Zero
922 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well, i just changed my oil and now it seems to run a lil better...

no have not left gas over winter,
no i had a full tank of gas when this happend.. new gas
no bogging, no power loss, no stumbling
i just need to have it jetted tho, not jetted right.. im getting a slip-on next week..

im gonna ride today with a new oil change and see how that does it...

ill get back to ya and see how the ride goes..

thanks again and lata!

·
Banned
1,553 Posts
Not jetted right.....does the stalling happen at like, idle rpms? Maybe the plugs are getting fouled out

·
Sub-Zero
922 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ya... it will foul out when im sitting a light sometimes at an idle speed

·
Official Forum Killjoy
3,642 Posts
HalfLiterBeater said:
Not jetted right.....does the stalling happen at like, idle rpms? Maybe the plugs are getting fouled out
Its fuel injected not carburated.

So it ran fine untill this recent incident, correct?
It sounds as though you have a sensor thats gone bad and may be out of range of the parameters required by the ECU. There are a few that can cause the "loading" or "fouling" of the plugs at idle.
Another possibility could be a blown fuel pressure regulator. This would cause the bike to get extra fuel thats not metered properly be the injectors.

It maybe time to take it in and have the dealer or a competant shop diagnose it. Sometimes throwing parts at a problem will cost you more than a proper diagnosis would have in the first place.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Could be a bit of gum in the injectors, too....Does anyone know if fuel injector cleaner can be used in bikes?? It's happened with my car before, and a little injector cleaner clears the problem right up....I can't see it being TOO big a deal, as long as you use an amount proportional to the size of your gas tank...

·
Mexican Hard Shell Taco
5,894 Posts
In tank injector cleaners aren't very good at all, they are so diluted that they only help when the problem is minimal.
I think any in tank injector cleaner would work on a bike if it is used in a correct proportion, can't think of a reason why it wouldn't.

·
Sub-Zero
922 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i know i mines not carburated, its injector valve..

ok , the FI light has came on yesterday, the whole day i rode..
so it comes on once a while.. we are going to take my bike down to the shop and have them look at it..

thanks again guys!

·
Premium Member
20,922 Posts
Don't know if this will help with your problem, but BG44-K works great at cleaning out fuel systems.
On a bike, you just put about %10 of the can in your full tank, put the rest in your cage.
Run the bike for a few miles and let it sit over night. Then ride it normally and enjoy your pristine fuel system.
Twice a year or 10k miles.

·
Registered
2,722 Posts
Check your fuel pump relay, fuse, and connection. Then check your fuel pressure.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts