Sport Bikes banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
I hate thieves!!!
1,229 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This hurts like hell, heres what happened. I was getting ready to head off to work at about 2:30. I had the bike outside ready to go. Im upstairs taking a shower. It was the wierdest thing. I had shit in my throat, so you know how you suck in and then hack it up. Well i sucked in so friggin hard i heard something in my neck pop, then came the intense pain :mad:

So im in the shower, can't move my neck left, right up or down. It hurt so friggin bad i had to hold it their with my hands. If i let go it was just pain. I hopped out of the shower, threw some pants on...which took about 5 mins and got a ride to the er. I hate the ER, everytime i go their i gotta wait about a half hour before i get service. Im walking back and forth with this intense pain. Finally got to go in. They took some x-rays just to make sure the pop wasnt a bone breaking, which it wasnt. The doc said a pinched nerve and/or a muscle spasam which caused some inflamation. Whatever it is it hurts like hell. It's not as bad as before, but still....damn.

Looks like il be in this weekend. Figures to, it is supposed to be nice and i had plans to go riding with a group of friends...grr :boid

On the plus side they gave me some viks and some other muslce relaxor. So now im off to have a few beers and pop a couple of those viks. The doc said 2-4 days till i get better so looks like im in for the weekend. I figured id just post here since i got nothing better to do. Now my neck is gettin sore so im gonna go lay down. :D

·
Registered
3,759 Posts
Sorry to hear about that, at least it will heal soon

·
Registered
105 Posts
Dude, get yourself over to a chiropractor. I know most people belittle anyone who goes, but they will put things back in line for you. the one I go to even has a full gym for muscle therapy and mechanical massage beds to get your muscles back into shape. If I had your problem right now, I could still make that ride you spoke of, without all the drugs. Seriously!

·
I hate thieves!!!
1,229 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I had lower back problems for a bit. I hurt my back playing hockey and the thing hasn't been the same. Im still in good shape, it's not like i sit around and do nothing with myself. I go to the gym and do cardio, but every now and then my back will kill. I was thinkin bout going to a chiropractor but just never been yet.

The pain in my neck is wierd though. It's not my spine itself, it's to the right of it. I called out of work and talked to my boss, who has been to the chiropractor for neck pains and he says after you leave you feel great. It really helps. I just never liked the idea of them crackin your spine in all wierd ways. Not to mention when they take your neck and twist it like that. Wouldn't want em to mess up and accidently break something, but im sure they wouldn't. Il have to go check it out.

In the mean time i'll stick with the viks. They are already kickin in :D

·
Banned
3,018 Posts
OUCH!!!! I hate those!! Got one just recently when moving heavy boxes into my new house--of course that rendered me useless about a week after pinching it. Have also done it working out with too much weight on a shoulder exercise and my left middle finger went totally numb too!! That was scary!!

I hope you feel better Inky, and the only thing is that it has to work it's way out...at least that's what my doc said first time it happened to me

·
I hate thieves!!!
1,229 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yea they definatley suck rsixxy. I was at the gym this morning. Maybe i did somethin there that aggrivated it, then in the shower i just triggered it. Either way, still painful. The doc told me the same thing. Basically just sit around and wait it out. Hopefully it gets better soon, I want to ride :D

·
Registered
649 Posts
fbiguy said:
Dude, get yourself over to a chiropractor. I know most people belittle anyone who goes, but they will put things back in line for you. the one I go to even has a full gym for muscle therapy and mechanical massage beds to get your muscles back into shape. If I had your problem right now, I could still make that ride you spoke of, without all the drugs. Seriously!
I agree. A medical doc gives you drugs and you feel better in a week. Chiropractor can make you better instantly.

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
I have had that same thing and it's a nerver being pinched and that causes the muscles around it to spasm. A lot of times this is caused by sleeping on your stomach, which causes one to twist their head sideways and push the head back - the worst position for the neck. I don't usually recommend a chiropractor but in this case they did help me a lot. Warm, wet towels laying on your back will relax the muscles also. The pain is debilitating.

I have degenerative disc in my neck that sometimes acts up and pinches the nerve and my left arm is useless when that happens due to the pain. Good luck.

·
______ETA B4U______
1,990 Posts
I jumped up two stairs at once one time and pulled my back. It took my breath away it hurt so bad. I thought my lung stopped working. I hate that shit! :mad

·
I hate thieves!!!
1,229 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for all the support. My neck still hurts. It aint as bad as it was on thursday, now it just feels like a really sore neck. I can look up, down, and left. I still can't look right to good, friggin hurts and not to mention it's stiff as hell. This sucks to, this weekend was beautiful and i couldn't ride for any of it :mad: Dosn't look like i'll be riding again for a few days, or at least till i can look right without a problem. I need to feed my addiction soon before i go nuts!! Hopefully i can get out wed or thursday :D

·
Banned
3,018 Posts
Well Inky at least you can look some of the ways!! I know the feeling though of not being able to ride because of that, unless you you just make left hand turns all day!! :D

Hope you can get out on Wed or Thurs and enjoy the nice weather you guys have up there--I know it's a short time for you guys up in MA!!

·
Registered
105 Posts
It is kinda wierd the first time they 'pop' your neck. But the pain will go away almost instantly, you will gain full range of motion and you will only have to deal with the muscle soreness afterwards. If it doesn't go back in place on it's own after a couple of days, it makes life a real bitch, even with the vicoden. If you do decide to go, the trick is finding one that doens't make you come back week after week. That can be expensive. Good luck!

·
I hate thieves!!!
1,229 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks again. I'll probably check out a chiropractor, hopefully that helps out. The neck is finally feeling better, a lil sore but i can deal. As long as i can look in all directions im good to go :D. Havnt rode in almost a week....im going crazy! Figures, i miss a beautiful weekend and the forecast for the next week is all t-storms and scattered showed. I dont care though, im going riding tommoro rain or shine! :D

·
Banned
3,018 Posts
Inky--I thought you said you were riding today or tomm???!! C'mon now--go get dressed and head out--plenty of daylight left too. Go....go..... :)

·
I hate thieves!!!
1,229 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
RSixxygrl said:
Inky--I thought you said you were riding today or tomm???!! C'mon now--go get dressed and head out--plenty of daylight left too. Go....go..... :)
Long night last night. Pool league night on Tuesday night. That usually turns into alot of drinking :alky I slept till 2pm....went to work 3-9. I was gonna wake up and ride....but i slept in....i know i know. I'll make up for it starting tommoro. I hate sleeping in late to, I like to be up nice and early, i hate waking up that late. Miss the entire day. Now i'll be up all night. :D

1 - 16 of 16 Posts