Sport Bikes banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ordered a Butt Buffer for my FZ6 seat and my skinny ass. It's the one that just sits on top of the seat. Took it out for a 250 mile ride over the weekend and it made a big difference.

I got the flat black cover and it doesn't look too bad sitting on the seat. I pretty much only use it when I plan to spend a few hours at a time on the bike. For short trips and my short commute the stock seat works just fine.

I must say it does make a difference if you're going to be in the saddle for long periods of time. It raises the seat height about 1/2 to 1 inch but it doesn't slide around and does not affect handling at all.

I got the size medium and it fits on the seat pretty good. I think the cost was about $80.

Overall I'm very happy with the improved comfort and the looks are not too bad without seat modifications.

Bill

·
Registered
103 Posts
Sounds like a good deal. $80 for improved comfort without having to cut anything on the stock seat is what I was looking for. Next time I take a long trip then this will be on the priority list.
Thanks for the review.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Me too!

My 40 y/o ass was achin'. I've logged some major mileage and on the highway cruises I plopped the blue one on. I don't care for it on the twistie dash and shouts. I cut an old black bungee cargo net up and knotted four pieces under the seat. When I want to use the buffer, I just pop the seat, flick the loose ends out so I can grab 'em. click the seat in, plop on the buffer, tie a quick once knot the the loops and zip I go! I'll shoot pict's of it if ya want. Two up on the front tab/frame by the gas tank and two above the FZ6 side panels on the frame.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts