Sport Bikes banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Yipeeeeeee!, I had to share with all of my fellow sbn'ers, I found a bike that I actually can touch the ground on and feel comfortable sitting on and handling it. It isn't the prettiest thing you've ever seen but I think it would be a great starter bike............I can't wait.
it is old too!
It is a cbr 600, an 89' with 24,000 miles, scarred up a bit too, but thats good so when I scrape it up while I am learning, no one will ever have to know unless I decide to embarass myself!!! HeeHee. :twofinger But nothing to be ashamed of I am just a beginner! it is mostly white with a fucia color on certain parts. it was owned by 2 people total, and the owner of it now seems to have taken good care of it. We are taking it for a test drive Tuesday!!!! Now i have to get in for that class!!!!! :( hopefully they'll have openings? Yeah right!

Small pix of side view....

Attachments

·
No Whammy No Whammy STOP!
1,752 Posts
Congrats on finding a bike.

As for getting into the MSF course. Good luck is all I can say. I finally got in after 2 years of trying.

The only way you can get in is go to WCTC, or MATC or wherever, and find out when the first day they send out class schedules. That is the absolute first day that anyone can send in their regestration. Most likely you will not recieve the book until the following day, but WCTC this year made photo copies of the motorcycle class page and was handing them out at the regestration counter that first day. I stopped over there, got the photo copy, went straght to the post office, filled out the form and got it "stamped."

That stamp that the post office puts on your envelope determines where in line you are for regestration. For example, the first day of regestration foro fall classes was July 14th this year. I got my envelope stamped July 14th. So anyone who has a stamp after that will be behind me, even if their envelope gets to the regestration office first.

Its a bit crazy and you are running around like a chicken with its head off, but I got my first choice and have my classes next weekend. Its about time too. 2 years is a long ass time to wait to take a class.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No way, I don't want to wait that long thats crazy! Now I am sad, I finally find a bike and now I am set back who knows how long just to take the class, GRRRRR. Well wish me luck in getting in sooner than later.

Thanks for the info V-Tech!

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
you didn't do a class at all Mike?

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
Hullo? AHEM: This thing on????? Remember that lil o class I told you about? Granted, you pay $300 more than the TC classes, however, you can prolly get in in a couple of weeks......Google motorcycling enterprises.....at crystal ridge ski resort.

Anyway.....Hopefully you get it! It will be fun fun fun!

·
Registered
832 Posts
I took the MATC course (70.00)if you show the first day and sit through the class and show for the range and someone who hasn't showed up for the range class but did show for the class room you get their place. BUT... you have to bring the proper riding gear with you other wise they will not let you take it and it goes to the next person. I still have my book if you'd like it to get a heads up.

Ohh yeah congrats on finding a bike

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
sexNstillettos said:
Hullo? AHEM: This thing on????? Remember that lil o class I told you about? Granted, you pay $300 more than the TC classes, however, you can prolly get in in a couple of weeks......Google motorcycling enterprises.....at crystal ridge ski resort.

Anyway.....Hopefully you get it! It will be fun fun fun!

I thought the guy who posted right after the orginal post mentioned he is still waiting for that class to have openings, not the same one then huh.......Hey thats my first blonde moment for the day I am allowed three more, thought you knew!!! LOL :leghump

·
Registered
832 Posts
you know sweetnlow after looking at your avatar I have this weird feeling to watch Something about Mary. :popcorn Just can't figure out why?? :dunno

·
50cc's of Honda power!
793 Posts
tiff are you ever gonna fix your sig??

should be "</font>[/CENTER]" instead of "[/</font>CENTER]"

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Davisa I like it like that! im being different! So there!!!!!

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
Awww, tiff is gettin all emo on us.....she shouldn't hang out with me anymore....I am a depressing role model....HEHEHE

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
sexNstillettos said:
Awww, tiff is gettin all emo on us.....she shouldn't hang out with me anymore....I am a depressing role model....HEHEHE

Not u rubbing off on me seeing as how I wrote that 6 years ago!!!!!!
Its the truth, what the poem means anyhoot! :D

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
I know - I read your stuff members???? Hehehe.....

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
oh but I do !!! I was reading this pussy posse stuff today, so, how do u go bout gettin up in this clan? Tell me more, tell me more!

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
sweetnlow said:
oh but I do !!! I was reading this pussy posse stuff today, so, how do u go bout gettin up in this clan? Tell me more, tell me more!
I am not quite sure on that one......My gurlio in FL started it, and they Loved my avatar, so I think I got grandfathered in....LOL......

Cj

1 - 19 of 19 Posts