Sport Bikes banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I been shopping for a 600 as many of you may know since I've been posting here for a few weeks about buying one!

So I'm deciding to buy my new 600 used. I want to buy new but I don't want to be stuck with a loan and I also don't want to drop $8000 cash. My bike is my means of commuting so it's not just a "toy" I can't stand driving a car. They're slow, mpg is crap etc compared to a trusty bike. So! Here's what I found about an hour from home.

2004 Kawasaki Ninja Zx-6r 636, Bensalem PA - 108211607 - Cycletrader.com

2005 Suzuki Gsx-R600, Andover NJ - 107027272 - Cycletrader.com

I haven't had too much experience negotiating bikes so just wondering how much I can talk down these bikes and what's the best way to buy it or the cheapest price. Cash up front? 36 month finance and pay it off in a year since dealers like financing better (from what I've heard)? Hopefully my decision gets made this week just want to know how much I should be expecting to pay OTD. I already emailed them. No response yet so I'm asking you guys! Thank you!

·
Mexican Hard Shell Taco
5,894 Posts
Super sport for commuting? Have you ever been told that just because you can do something, it doesn't mean you should?

·
Super Moderator
18,634 Posts
1. I wouldn't pay more than 3K on any bike you pick
2. I wouldn't recommend a super sport bike

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I understand. Problem is that I have a bad knot in my back. Arms straight forward and upright riding position effects it alot. It's what tr****** the pain in my upper back. Leaning forward as i do on my 250 eliminates the tr*****. No pain. It's the only reason I prefer these bikes. I already look foolish leaning forward on my 250. It'd be worse on a Ninja 650 for example. It's too much just to get comfortable. A standard leaning position is more comfortable and not a hassle. I'm not making excuses. I appreciate all your input.

·
Premium Member
45,772 Posts
An '05 GSXR600 is about the most comfortable super sport I've ever ridden. Mine was a commuter, among other things. No problem at all.

·
Registered
7,222 Posts
An '05 GSXR600 is about the most comfortable super sport I've ever ridden. Mine was a commuter, among other things. No problem at all.
Really?? Man alive, that thing was murder on my lower back.

F4i was by far the most comfortable ss I ever owned.

RC

·
Registered
2,892 Posts
My 05 636 has been the most comfortable bike i have gotten on, to the point that i sometimes lay across my bike when riding as if i could fall asleep on it, which sometimes i want to really bad. Comfort is different for everyone because of different shapes, sizes, lengths and just overall flexibility with the body.

·
Premium Member
45,772 Posts
Really?? Man alive, that thing was murder on my lower back.

F4i was by far the most comfortable ss I ever owned.

RC

We're probably not built the same. ;)

I rode my 750 from Orlando to N GA and back in 4 days. It's pretty comfortable too.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
So how low can I talk these prices down OTD :)

·
Registered
7,222 Posts
We're probably not built the same. ;)

I rode my 750 from Orlando to N GA and back in 4 days. It's pretty comfortable too.
And a lotta people would thank Christ for that!!!

To the op--set a fair price in mind that you are willing
to pay based on research, budget and need. Find a seller who has the bike and price that meets your requirements.
Take emotion out of it, and you'll be fine.

RC

·
Registered
272 Posts
That's it? But I was asking how low they'll go on that zx6r. And btw. Isn't 4k miles too low for a 9 year old bike?
4k miles is low for 9 years old, but there are a few bikes like that around. My 11 year old Fireblade only had 4800 miles on it when I bought it in October.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks guys. Ill do exactly that. The more i shop around the better I get at composing myself when I see something I like. Appreciate it guys thank you.
BTW. A friend of a friend is selling a 2003 GSXR 750 with 20,000 miles (I think the mileage might be a little off) for $3000. Good deal? I would think so and hope so. Only 1 scratch from laying it down at a standstill.

·
Registered
848 Posts
I'm with ya there. my current ride is more comfy than my ole 04. i'm more comfy on leaned over bikes too since i have bone issues in too many places to list.

don't think i could do a multi state trip, but it would be because i'm tuckered out, not from pain. slabbing just drains the flipping life outta me. now if there were curves most of the way, I'm there. :)

longest trip on this one has been 350 miles. felt fine afterwards. wished i could have rode more, but family was a calling.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Back problems aside there's nothing wrong with doing conventional tasks in non-conventional ways. Really mixes things up and makes life more interesting in my opinion. To hell with practicality, that's for old farts who hate fun. Do whatever puts on a smile on your face. :)

·
Registered
9,277 Posts
I kinda lulzed at your MPG comment, and then the quote on wanting an SS bike. . .

they don't get stellar mileage.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts