Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ya your right they arent the same what I meant was the Susuki 1000's make 182 at crank, and my Honda on the title makes 165 at crank. That seems to me to be a big difference. But on the wheel of my Honda when I dynoed it it was 141.78. I did see another comparison with exhausts and they also were what my stock bike dynod 141.68. That compares to my results. Very small difference but a 10 hp difference from bike to bike is twice what a after market exhaust would give you. I wish I owned the Honda bike that puts 150 at the wheel that would mean if I got an after market slip on I would make right what the Susuki makes at the wheel stock around 155. Maybe your right maybe some Honda's vary that much. (Anyone see a 06-07 CBR1000rr make 150 at wheel stock.) Anways I dont care I never opend my bike up even close to max so it doesnt matter to me. The bike is still competitive at the races. I'd rather have Honda quality over a hp difference. I new this when I bought my bike. Unlike hp stats quality is a much longer lasting attribute. I dont like the exhaust on Susuki on the side its ugly. I will Dyno my bike again in April.

·
Super Moderator
18,633 Posts
Well, 1st, crank HP and rear wheel HP are 2 different things...No bike, including the Busa or ZX14, makes 182 at the wheel. it's crank HP......And your engine is still brand new...In 1-2 thousand miles, your numbers will be higher...

Also, every dyno will be different...And I doubt they forced air during your run...

140-150hp on a stock 1KRR is about right...

·
Registered
15,272 Posts
Question - is English a 2nd language for you?

Seriously. Your zip code indicates Pennsylvania, the short comings on grammer, spelling, and the lack of punctuation and paragraphs makes your post difficult to follow.

·
Registered
581 Posts
600's are for girls huh?? Been to many track days?

BTW this guy lives about 20 minutes from me. This end of the state just got dumber

·
Registered
2 Posts
I stopped reading when he called 600's toys. What an idiot.

I'd be disappointed for 140hp on a 400lb bike too. That's just not nearly enough. 0-60 2.9 seconds. Try doing it 1.7 that'd be hardcore :rolleyes

Go "reb" your 1000 cpt. bad ass.
I have a 600cc bike and I keep up with all my buddies CBR 954rr and GSX 750 gixxers. It comes down to how you ride, but sooner or later the b***** engines will pull away on the high end but who really cares to go faster than 140? I've done 145 on my f4i and thats the fastest I'll ever want to go.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I had a 06 CBR600RR and had it up to 155. I have recently bought a CBR954RR and I still think the CBR600 would kick my new bikes butt any day at least where it counts on 0-60 runs. I have yet to get my 954 over 145.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Well, 1st, crank HP and rear wheel HP are 2 different things...No bike, including the Busa or ZX14, makes 182 at the wheel. it's crank HP......And your engine is still brand new...In 1-2 thousand miles, your numbers will be higher...

Also, every dyno will be different...And I doubt they forced air during your run...

140-150hp on a stock 1KRR is about right...

If it's a DJ unit and all the test parameters are identical the difference should be insignificant. Unfortunately much of the run has too much to do with the tech as opposed to the bike. The other problem is steady state data which the DJ unit can not do as their test method is performed on a sweep. Correct, even a pressurized booth does not off the advantages of true ram air influences. So, the best test is to save the roller run money and test the bike against a clock on the track.

·
Registered
292 Posts
I had a 06 CBR600RR and had it up to 155. I have recently bought a CBR954RR and I still think the CBR600 would kick my new bikes butt any day at least where it counts on 0-60 runs. I have yet to get my 954 over 145.
Where it really counts is 60mph to 100mph and this is where that 954 should walk all over the 600 because the 600 simply doesn't have the necessary muscle to get it done.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts