Sport Bikes banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I cant get over this bike...(now with pics)

so, now that i have my 15/50 520 conversion, drag bars, fender eliminator, gel grips, and tank pad, ive come to realize that our FZ's are awesome bikes. i did the bars last night, and after some shakedown rides, i see that i can accelerate harder in first without lifting the front and i can get a little more tucked. all around, this bike is rivaling my ninja for most fun ive had on 2 wheels. i feel a shootout is in the works. i get the ninja back tomorrow. :banana

·
Registered
111 Posts
What bars did you install? Aluminum or Steel? Any problems at full lock with hitting tank or mirrors? Did you have to put steering stops on?

·
It's made of people!
455 Posts
I wish we had some pics to go with this...hint

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
CerebralAssassin said:
What bars did you install? Aluminum or Steel? Any problems at full lock with hitting tank or mirrors? Did you have to put steering stops on?
totally seriously, i got the bars on ebay for 30 bucks new in box. i DO pinch my fingers at full turn, but the brakes dont hit. i didnt finish until too late last night to snap pics. i get off work in an hour and ill snap some when i get to the house. im loving it.

·
Registered
457 Posts
That's pretty much the mods I was planning, at least the bars, the FE and the sprocket.

Pics! We cry for pictures!

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
crap, i need somewhere to host the pics
i just took a bunch
imageshack.us isnt working for me

·
Livin' on the Edge!
1,461 Posts
You'll probably find that you'll like them even better if you cut them shorter. I took 3" off each end of mine and it helps to not have to reach so far with your outside arm in a turn. I could never go back to stock bars even if I weren't a track addict.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
after ridint the ninja back for 500 miles, i can truly appreciate the power, and comfort of the FZ6. still, the ninja turns in something viscious. i think i love them both. heres some pics of them together. i hope neither gets jealous. speaking of jealous, check out my wrx in the background. ive driven her 12 days out of the last 12 months. sad.

Attachments

·
me a "racer",i think not!
289 Posts
poor poor car pal, but i can see where your coming from, i have an eclipse gst that sits still at least oh about 330 days a year give or take depending on weather. must be nice having two scooters! :banana

·
Registered
7,335 Posts
rah7777777 said:
poor poor car pal, but i can see where your coming from, i have an eclipse gst that sits still at least oh about 330 days a year give or take depending on weather. must be nice having two scooters! :banana
During the summer, my truck gets driven about once a week. I love it!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts