Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,

I am new to the whole sportbike scene and just wanted to get involved in a good forum to share and learn from peoples experiences.

Alittle about myself: I will be 22 on the 17th of this month and as a gift to myself I am in the stages of getting my first sportbike. So far I have got my m1, my full riding gear (JR GPX 2 piece suit, JR Blaster gloves, Alpinestars GPS 3 boots, and a Shark RSG Prisma helmet), and I just went yesterday to buy my new bike (2004 Kawasaki Ninja 500R).

I hopefully should have my bike good to go in a few days once all the paper work and stuff in done.

Anyways I just wanted to say whats up and get a fell for how you guys think I am doing so far with my choices.

Oh and as some of you may be thinking why I bought some of the riding gear that I did is so that WHEN I am rede to hit the track I will meet all safety standards without having to go buy new gear.

·
Suzuki 3000GT
2,107 Posts
Well, sounds like you're off to a great start so far. Although I wouldn't have bought new for my first bike since I would have dropped it at least once. But other than that, welcome to the club!

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well I will tell you why I bought new. First off I been looking for one of these bikes that was in good condition for about 1 month now and found very few that was under 5,500 CDN. So I figured since I got to spend that much, I might as well pay a few hunder more and buy new with warrenty for a year and not have to worry about shit breaking.

Basically I didn't want to buy something that I would have to put money in to get cert.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Nice to see your starting out with a smaller bike good choice I wish I would have, as Twinsen said you will drop once than fix and drop it again. :)

·
old member
13,079 Posts
Sounds like you're off to a great start. Wear your gear every time you get on the bike and see if you can find a good street riding saftety class (equivalent to MSF here in the states).

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I am in Whitby, Ontario for who asked in a earlier post.

And I will be taking a course at the end of july. It was the earliest booking I could get.

I can't wait till My bike gets delivered so I can starting learning how to ride. I got this nice clear parking lot right by my house which would be perfect spot to learn.

·
Registered
114 Posts
That is so cool you are learning the right way from the start. I know people who think that riding a wheelie is the measure of a good rider. Welcome to the addiction, be safe.

·
Registered
5,240 Posts
so far you've already made some really wise choices... have fun, and be safe...!!

·
Registered
522 Posts
congrats dude, I don't know if they have a MSF equivalent in Canada, but I'd suggest taking a class like that. Have fun!

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
thx everyone for the warm welcome. I know this place will be a great learning tool for me to pick up some solid information.

·
I own license2ill
5,679 Posts
congrats and very good choice on the gear

·
Registered
157 Posts
excellent choice in a bike. I got the 2003 for my first bike and do not regret it one bit. I did drop it the first week in the garage.... moving it around without sitting on it. I'll never do that again. I put on over 4000 miles last year, all commuting too. I haven't outgrown it yet, and still haven't pushed it to the limit, max 115mph so far.

You'll love it.... plus the 60mpg too.

Too bad you weren't closer to Toronto, I am getting ready to sell mine, got the spawn of evil girl growing in me so I can't ride now.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts