Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,903 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yes that's right, a junk protector.

I almost always ride with full leathers so I was surprised the other day when I was riding with jeans at just how fast I slid forward on the seat when hammering down on the brakes (leathers stick). Basically, I nailed my unit on the gas tank pretty damn hard, not totally unusual. However, I think it will have put my unit out of commission for about a month total, which is truly horrible considering the dates I have lined up for the next 2 weeks. Tearing muscle tissue is no good so be careful not to make the same mistake as me. WEAR YOUR JUNK PROTECTORS. Be extra careful if you're older because apparently it can be much worse for you guys.

:leghump :a2

 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,811 Posts
Maybe just squeeze the tank with your knees more? I'd be a little paranoid too after such an incident, granted.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,903 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, I just wasn't used to riding with jeans on. Might as well wear a cup though, every other important part gets armor. Did you like the giant pic of the cup? lol....
 

·
2 As 1
Joined
·
1,121 Posts
wescoas1 said:
Yeah, I just wasn't used to riding with jeans on. Might as well wear a cup though, every other important part gets armor. Did you like the giant pic of the cup? lol....

Giant pic?? I was going to say it was a bit... small. ;)
 

·
#1 Gear Nazi
Joined
·
4,748 Posts
About four years ago I was riding home and coming around a blind corner there was a deep foot wide indent that went across the whole lane, by the time I saw it I just had to ride through it, I hit my nuts so hard that I pulled over, took off my helmet, and puked for a good 5 minutes. It was pretty bad, I still don't wear a cup though, not even on the track. Maybe I should though....but occurences like that are few and far between.
 

·
Invicible for 170M years
Joined
·
2,293 Posts
A guy I used to ride with before I move had an accident a couple weeks ago. A van turned in front of him while he was driving his Busa and he slowed down a fair amount but still ended up colliding with the van at about 25mph. He was ok except for a broken wrist and he lost his left testicle! Apparently as he hit, he went over his windshield and got it caught on his GPS unit mount - tearing it off of course. Now it's HRT for him. Maybe a cup would have helped.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,240 Posts
OMG.. owwwwwwwww! you poor guys.. :( I feel sorry for ya when that happens. Don't think it dosent happen to us gilrs tho. You jam to hard on those breaks and **wham-o!* ya smack that bone. I've done it a few times. Does knock the air outta ya. I'm so glad I don't have a wee wee, cuz I can just imagine what THAT feels like.... :eek:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,759 Posts
ty454 said:
A guy I used to ride with before I move had an accident a couple weeks ago. A van turned in front of him while he was driving his Busa and he slowed down a fair amount but still ended up colliding with the van at about 25mph. He was ok except for a broken wrist and he lost his left testicle! Apparently as he hit, he went over his windshield and got it caught on his GPS unit mount - tearing it off of course. Now it's HRT for him. Maybe a cup would have helped.

Holy freakin ouch........
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
731 Posts
I squeezed my best parts some time, basicly when I was a noob. Now, when ever I get on the bike everything moves automaticly in place.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
646 Posts
ty454 said:
A guy I used to ride with before I move had an accident a couple weeks ago. A van turned in front of him while he was driving his Busa and he slowed down a fair amount but still ended up colliding with the van at about 25mph. He was ok except for a broken wrist and he lost his left testicle! Apparently as he hit, he went over his windshield and got it caught on his GPS unit mount - tearing it off of course. Now it's HRT for him. Maybe a cup would have helped.
WTF??? the lesson of this story...GPS units serve no good purpose but to rip your balls off...umm, or sumthing like that. That is scary as hell.
On a lighter side, thank god it only takes 1 sperm to make a baby! YAY, he can still have kids.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
731 Posts
but he will never have a girl AND a boy :D

as all the X chromosones are in one and all the Y chormosones in the other.
 

·
#1 Gear Nazi
Joined
·
4,748 Posts
Zyankaly said:
but he will never have a girl AND a boy :D

as all the X chromosones are in one and all the Y chormosones in the other.
Is that a medical fact? Because if so, I would honestly consider having one of my nuts removed with the girl chromosome and just have a dummy nut put in, because I want boys so they can get into motorcycle racing at a very young age! Yeah, I'm pretty hardcore about getting my future kid(s) into YSR50 (or similar) racing, from about the age of 5-6.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
3,018 Posts
Zyankaly said:
but he will never have a girl AND a boy :D

as all the X chromosones are in one and all the Y chormosones in the other.

What???? I have never heard that before.....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
394 Posts
Hmmmm.... not a bad idea I guess. I had given some thought to at least wearing a friggin jock strap. My marble bag seems to have "issues" while riding. Boxers and a sportbike doesn't seem to work for me. One word... PINCHING.

Did I just say that outloud???
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
3,018 Posts
neutom72 said:
Hmmmm.... not a bad idea I guess. I had given some thought to at least wearing a friggin jock strap. My marble bag seems to have "issues" while riding. Boxers and a sportbike doesn't seem to work for me. One word... PINCHING.

Did I just say that outloud???

why don't you try those briefs that are like boxers but a little more supporting than just boxers? Just a thought... :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
394 Posts
Yes... they call them boxer briefs. I've tried them but still don't seem to do the trick. Maybe I'll have to resort to the tighty whities?? EEEeeeeek!
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
3,018 Posts
neutom72 said:
Yes... they call them boxer briefs. I've tried them but still don't seem to do the trick. Maybe I'll have to resort to the tighty whities?? EEEeeeeek!

eeeewww yuk!! well as long as you wear them just for riding!! Those are like granny panties on the women's side!!! :lol
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
765 Posts
neutom72 said:
Boxers and a sportbike doesn't seem to work for me. One word... PINCHING.
Quit trying to wear the ones from 6th grade and your pinching issue will be resolved. :) My boxers are just fine, but I prefer wearing my merino wool undershorts, especially with the one-piece leathers.

Be careful if you choose to wear a jock-cup. If you are spreading your legs so far that you smack the tank hard enough to tear tissue...you will surely dent the tank with hard plastic down there. My suggestion - If you choose to ride without full protection (leathers), learn how to ride without injuring yourself (squeeze the tank with your inner-thighs).

Heal well and take better care of your jewels, they are they only two you will ever have.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
237 Posts
the thing about losing one testicle and only having a male or female but not both is absolutely a wives' tale. I have never heard of that before in my life and I have a degree in chemistry and biology. The only thing that you can say about sperm is that because the male is determined by the y chromosome, it is lighter because of the smaller amount of genetic material, versus the x. Therefore it swims faster, leading to a higher percentage of male children. The drawback is that because the male determining sperm travels faster, it leads to a higher rate of miscarriages because there is a higher possibility of having a genetic mutated gamete.

Sorry to be the science nerd on this one, just didn't want you guys cutting of your testes whether it be to emulate Lance Armstrong or to have a specific sex of child.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
765 Posts
yellowduc said:
the thing about losing one testicle and only having a male or female but not both is absolutely a wives' tale. I have never heard of that before in my life and I have a degree in chemistry and biology. The only thing that you can say about sperm is that because the male is determined by the y chromosome, it is lighter because of the smaller amount of genetic material, versus the x. Therefore it swims faster, leading to a higher percentage of male children. The drawback is that because the male determining sperm travels faster, it leads to a higher rate of miscarriages because there is a higher possibility of having a genetic mutated gamete.
:needpics
I am always amazed at what people will believe without factual evidence.
 
1 - 20 of 38 Posts
Top