Sport Bikes banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
watched the review, they seem to be partial to Kawaski if you watch their other videos.

·
Registered
769 Posts
Interesting about his observations of the Hyosung. The fit and finish of mine was as good as any bike I've seen. No orange peel texture on the paint, anywhere. No rust, anywhere. Often when a reviewer comes upon a product that has similar flaws they tend to seek out more samples to see if these are recurring problems. It seems to me that they may have been slightly partial to the Kawasaki just from the notoriety of the brand. All in all, I agree with the conclusions that they're both great, fun first bikes that are up there with the big boys. I know that I'd be just as happy, although ~$1000 poorer, with the Kawasaki. I'll just see how things are over time.

·
Registered
587 Posts
Well, its just the way they decided to highlight the bad part about the bike while some of the other important stuff was rushed in one sentence. Yeah the hyosung has got crap build and really cheap stuff (all the new 2008 600s and 1000s built by the japanese have this properly engineered feel to it while the gt250 feels like a kit bike) but its also got way better handling, proper size tyres and a proper SS size to it. If you remove the cheap finish quote from the beginning and end of the video then the hyosung would win hands down.

I'm still moving to a Honda though, I've had enough bullshit from my 3 month old 08 GT250r not to trust it anymore and now that its in a garage having repair work done on its pistons by simple scooter mechanics I'm never gonna have the trust to commit myself to proper lean angles and fast twisties (theres nothing funny about taking a turn at 60mph and having the engine cut out on you midway sending the back flying out all over, I've now got a phobia of this happening again)

·
Registered
26 Posts
there isnt a honda in my country that even comes close to technology or looks of the GT250r.. all i have is the rebel, some enduro bike,and a weird ass standard that has drum brakes....

·
Registered
2,976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
there isnt a honda in my country that even comes close to technology or looks of the GT250r.. all i have is the rebel, some enduro bike,and a weird ass standard that has drum brakes....
Europe/canada has a CBR250 i believe.

·
Registered
26 Posts
unfortunetly in the States the CB250 isnt an production bike. I can't buy it here. And its not worth my gas money to go and buy one, driving from chicago to cananda to get one.

·
Registered
777 Posts
(theres nothing funny about taking a turn at 60mph and having the engine cut out on you midway sending the back flying out all over, I've now got a phobia of this happening again)
Coluld this be the gas cap service bulletin? My kids GT650R cut out till the cap was vented correctly

1 - 8 of 8 Posts