Sport Bikes banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So, I was wandering around town with my mate the other day, in search of a scooter. Found a shop that sells Kymco's and while he was looking, I wandered about myself.

I found a GT250 sitting in the showroom.
http://www.hyosungmotors.com.au/GT250_gallery.html#

Its a 250cc v-twin, stuck in their 650 chassis. I sat on it, and found it to be a bit weighty (They use more steel in thier frame), but the ergonomics were excellent. Fit and finish was also quite nice. I have to admit the naked look was just awfully sweet.

So aside from my mate deciding on a People 150, I may have found a opponent for the ninja 250 as my first sportbike.

I searched online, and found a decent amount of information, part of which being that Hyosung developed engines with suzuki for a couple decades, but stopped when Suzuki wanted to restrict thier exports. They hired some engineers from the big 4 and started designing. Price tag is the same a Ninja 250, which is reassuring. Didnt get to test ride it, but will definetly be heading back when I have more time.

So has anyone ridden one, or does anyone own one?

·
V-twin anyone?
2,161 Posts
I haven't seen one yet, but it is definitely a good alternative than your ever-popular Ninja's. Are the Hyosung 650's the same engine as the Suzuki SV650's?

I wonder if Fischer is ever going to produce that cool looking bike they prototyped.

·
Registered
238 Posts
not too bad...that thing looks like it wants a SSA lol. I'm sure its faster than a ninja 250 also, since its a twin. It looks cooler thats for sure.

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
I dont own one, but one of my friends does.

Her bike only has about 3k miles on it, but they have been trouble free. She really loves the bike. Plenty of power for her, faster than most cars. Pretty comfortable and smooth. She doesnt have any complaints about it, and you really cant beat the price.

·
Banned
1,673 Posts
If I had to decide between that and a ninja 250, I'd most definately get that.

Looks sweet, and I'd be very tempted by the twin.

·
Resident Gun Nut
1,092 Posts
yeah, i'd like to know who deals those as well. i think that if i can get my wife on a bike, this would probably be one to look at.

·
Registered
3,759 Posts
A 250 with a V-twin? That would be fun, could be lighter but looks awsome

·
Resident Gun Nut
1,092 Posts
you know, it's amazing what you can find when you surf around. i searched www.cycletrader.com for hyosung bikes and came up with a few places; there's even a dealer in richmond, va that has them (even though i've been to that dealer before and have NEVER seen them there).

·
Banned
216 Posts
Theres two dealerships that I know of that sell these things in my area. They are pretty nice looking and im starting to see more and more of them.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Fort Myers, FL

Place called Grandpa's Cycle Center.

[email protected]

(239) 334-8818

And yes I know the ninja 250 is a parrellel twin, but as we all know, the v-twin makes its power differently, thereby making this bike a truly different chioce, rather than just a matter of aethetics.

The GT650 engine isnt exactly the same as the SV, dont remember the exacts but I do recall it puts 9 more HP at the rear wheel than the SV.

Haven't had a chance to go back for test ride yet, but I must confess that I am quite enamored of the bike.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts